I have one request from Bioware for the Omega DLC. Please, PLEASE at the end of it, let Wrex meet with Aria and realize who she really is. After that I can say the Mass Effect trilogy is truly complete.

I didn't actually read your full post. I'm also staring at my keyboard while I type this. Hah. But, any post in a movie, television, play, game section, etc. that includes the phrase, "In the end..." will contain spoilers. I just started to play the game. So, just for future reference if you could do some of us a favor and just throw up a spoiler alert or spoiler blackouts, or something. Heh.

The DLC is worth playing. The Leviathan DLC explains a lot about the origin of the Reapers and the galactic extinction cycles, and Javik is pretty much a must if you really want to bring a close to the story of the Protheans

Can't wait for omega dlc. Too bad its not sooner, since i am playing through mass effect as it is.

Whats the best time to play Leviathan dlc? I guess sometime after priority Thessia?

• 2 weeks later...

After giving myself a bit of time and space, I finally played through the DLC-revised ending. For a little bit of reference, I wrote up a fairly well-received opinion about the original ending and why I believe the fans were justified in their outcry. Without having read up on any other forums or doing more research, here's my revised opinion.

For an ending that wasn't going to fundamentally change in concept, I was actually rather happy with how it all turned out. I can't say what they did would have been my first choice to conclude the series (in my opinion ME 1 and 2 were telling a different story than how ME 3 turned out), but they finally made their case. I wrote that the original ending was broken and flawed, and that is no longer true. You can still argue the merits of the premise, but for the most part the ending is done well -- and that's as much as I can outright demand from a company.

The ending, no longer rushed, has a nice emotional attachment to it. While the base concept is still a little far-fetched, it's rationalized just enough that it doesn't make you suspend your disbelief. At times, it felt like the "questions" were copy-pasted from angry fan emails, but it did ultimately get the point and the message across. A few glaring plot holes were easily addressed with an extra scene or three -- nothing even had to be retconned, it was stuff that was simply omitted the first go-around. I still really wish that your specific military assets played a more specific role in the final mission, but perhaps that was asking for too much. Regardless, the heart-stopping moment where you have to make the final choice (such a wonderfully impactful reveal, expertly executed!) finally has the gravitas on the storytelling side that it deserves.

I'm baffled at how the original ending made it in to the finished game -- I still think that was financially motivated -- but with how they expanded it I can at least accept this as the true ending for the series. There's still plenty of room for folks to believe the ending is "bad", and I admit I'd have liked to see something VERY different from what we have... but you can no longer say that the ending is broken. The sense of disappointment that something so great could fall so far is gone, and for that I'm thankful.

I just started an insanity run, which I will take slow because it takes me twice as long to complete each mission now. I'm starting to realize how bad the team AI is though, they are completely useless in most spots. It would be really nice if you could jump into your teamates like in Dragon Age.

I am really liking the changes to MP so far, I'm not having much luck picking up the new characters though. I got the N7 Infiltrator which doesnt really fit my play style but I do like the N7 Soldier. I'm a big fan of the Vanguard class so I'm hoping I get a couple of them soon.

Really enjoyed the first two on Xbox, wondering if anyone knows of details of a Game Of the Year Xbox 360 edition with all the DLC ?

IF there is one, it would come later next year, but I don't think Omega will be the last SP DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

Next Mass Effect 3 DLC Has "High Potential for Tears"

"It's all hands on deck for this one."

BioWare is already working on the next story DLC for Mass Effect 3, the first details of which have appeared online.

While we don't know the name or proposed release date of the new content patch, we do know that BioWare is enlisting the helping of several names that have previously been involved in the series.

In a post on the BioWare forums, designer Jos Hendriks explained that a team of about eight writers were penning the script, most of whom had worked on some aspect of the game before, saying, "It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every ME3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved. (which would include both Patrick Weekes AND John Dombrow)."

While that handles the story of the game, what about the music? Well, it seems series veteran Sam Hulick is set to return to score the new DLC, tweeting last night, "What I'm up to lately: working on an unannounced Mass Effect 3DLC! More details on this coming later on."

Hulick has previously worked on the first and second Mass Effect games, as well as Mass Effect 3, though he was noticeably absent from the soundtrack for the recent Leviathan and Omega expansions. He also dropped in a little tease about what he's planning on bringing to the table this time, tweeting, "Tossing in piano and muted strings for this one particular piece. High potential for tears. #ME3DLC"

The final piece of info we have covers some of the voice actors that are set to return. It seems Seth Green, who's voiced Normandy pilot Joker since the series began is back as BioWare producer and voice director Caroline Livingstone tweeted him to say, "@SethGreen thank you for yet another fantastic session. And thank you for being such a kind person. You are lovely!"

Additionally, Raphael Sbarge who voices squadmate Kaiden Alenko tweeted back in October that he was recording new lines for the game. With none of the squadmates appearing in Omega, it looks like this was also for the unnamed upcoming DLC

This will be the fifth major single-player DLC pack BioWare has released for Mass Effect 3. With such a host of big names being called back in, do you reckon this could be the studio planning to see the title off with a bang?

• 2 months later...

Mass Effect 3 'Reckoning' and 'Citadel' DLC on Feb. 26, Mar. 5

BioWare and EA have announced two more bundles of DLC for Mass Effect 3, with one focused on multiplayer and the other serving as "one final, sentimental journey with Commander Shepard and their squad," according to the press release.

The first batch of content, "Reckoning," is a free bundle of multiplayer DLC that'll be available for free when it lands this Tuesday, February 26. The pack adds new characters, weapons and item upgrades for use in multiplayer, though what any of those things are specifically remains to be seen.

"Citadel," meanwhile, is Mass Effect 3's last chunk of single-player DLC, arriving on March 5 for $14.99/1200 MS Points. The pack returns Shepard and crew to (where else) the Citadel, on a mission that will give players the "opportunity to reconnect with some of their favorite characters from all three of the Mass Effect games." Well, provided you didn't get them horribly murdered, we figure. You know what you did.

I for one am waiting on a sale (Xbox 360, so could be a while) on all DLC so I can get all this overpriced DLC cheap, and get one last run at the full story.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so just watched the trailer. Pure cheese... I... oh, here you go, they even have the ultimate cheese moment... "normandeeee". Come on now...

Still, I am curious what kind of nemesis (and what motivation) did they invent for this one.

Interesting, I might give it a go since it's some more SP play though I wonder if they'll ever do a new ME specially for the next gen systems. As far as I remember if you get the extra little bit in the ending then you know they can do more. Also the way the old guy and the child talk after the credits where the kid asks for another story and the dude says ok. Wishful thinking I know but I'd be onboard for another one if done right. Though the way 3 ends I suppose if they did another series they'd have to actually pick one of the endings as the de facto canon ending and go with that one.

Interesting, I might give it a go since it's some more SP play though I wonder if they'll ever do a new ME specially for the next gen systems. As far as I remember if you get the extra little bit in the ending then you know they can do more. Also the way the old guy and the child talk after the credits where the kid asks for another story and the dude says ok. Wishful thinking I know but I'd be onboard for another one if done right. Though the way 3 ends I suppose if they did another series they'd have to actually pick one of the endings as the de facto canon ending and go with that one.

There's going to be an ME4, that's already been confirmed. I think it's using Frostbite 2 as well. But it'll be in the ME universe, not another Shepard story.

There's going to be an ME4, that's already been confirmed. I think it's using Frostbite 2 as well. But it'll be in the ME universe, not another Shepard story.

Sweet. Looking forward to everyone going mental about hw much that sucks when it comes out :laugh: