What's new in iTunes 10.5

• iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
    • Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
    • Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.

[*]Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.

[*]Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Download: via Apple Software Update or from the iTunes website.

How come the windows version doesn't come with Quicktime?

Have they fixed the ugly 16bit system tray icon under Windows 7 x64?

I don't it's icon issue, as I remember I tried to change it but it still get messed up. But no, it isn't fixed.

Thanks, I'd read IOS 5 would be out today so I've been checking Neowin every hour. :)

Midnight in the US I believe.

No. It will be out sometime TOMORROW, probably around 10-11am PST (GMT-8). Not midnight, for sure.

windows x64 installer is 10mb smaller than v10.4.x :) Can't download 32bit version on this pc as their site detects my 64bit win installation, grr.

It's about the same; the 32-bit version is 66.7 MB while v10.4.1 was 77.4 MB.

Here is a direct link if you need it.

Time to turn off the cloud stuff :)

iTunes Match isn't in yet. This is just simply "if you delete a song and you bought it from iTunes, we'll show you a link to redownload it for free".

Is it true that Quicktime is no longer installed with iTunes? (or it just "hidden")

I already had QuickTime installed so I don't know if it's still included. I think iTunes relies on it for playback and encoding.

I think it was a tease to release 10.5 before they released iOS 5. What's the point?

Well, because you need it to actually update your iOS4 to 5 and be able to do tasks like synching.

iOS5 needs iTunes 10.5 in every aspect.

Uhm so yea, they kind of have to.

Glassed Silver:mac

Okay iTunes 10.5 "Download Previous Purchases"

How exactly??

You could do this in iTunes 10.4 too, just can't remember which version of 10.4 at the moment that was added. I thought this was an awesome addition, as I lost some music I hadn't backed up until this feature was added.

Click iTunes Store and 'Purchased'.

nice to see the update, still do not use the software as it has never been stable on windows for me in the past, and I enjoy maintaining my own music library rather than having an application do it, however, its always nice to see updates on free software.

windows x64 installer is 10mb smaller than v10.4.x :) Can't download 32bit version on this pc as their site detects my 64bit win installation, grr.

I hate when sites or applications make decisions like that for you. It's good to have you OS detected, but what a bout a link to download the other versions. I applications, I hate when they detect your locale and DON'T allow you to change the language! /rant