[Rogers] iPhone 4S not to have same upgrade deal.

In the past rogers would reward it's loyal customers by giving the latest iPhone at the same price as new customers, all they had to do was extend their contract back to 3 years.

This year they've decided to change it with a "Universal" upgrade plan

How Does this Work?

An early upgrade fee is a one-time fee based on the device type you currently own and how many months you have until you’re eligible for new customer pricing under the current standard upgrade offer. Customers who do not want to upgrade early are still entitled to upgrade their hardware at the discounted device price before the end of their 3-year term, depending on eligibility under the current standard upgrade offers.

Under this new early upgrade promotion, the following fees will be used to determine the one-time early upgrade fee and refer to a customer’s current device (the one from which they’re upgrading):

• $10 per month for voice or quick messaging devices
  • $15 per month for select smartphones, tablets and other eligible devices (i.e sticks, hubs)
  • $20 per month for premium devices (I.e iPhone 4 and BlackBerry Torch)

If they had never offered the original upgrade plan, nobody would be whining about the sudden change. However, I'm sure most customers signed on assuming the deal would be yearly without change. As it stands Bell and all of Rogers' main competitors are still offering the deal that Rogers has suddenly backed away from.

I found a petition online (I know these things don't have a lot of influence but I think it's worth a try), if you could take the time to sign it, please do. http://www.thepetiti...ly-eligibility/

Also, I'd like to know everybody's opinions.

P.S. I own an iPhone and think it's unfair to Android and Blackberry customers that Rogers offered the yearly upgrade deal to iPhone customers, I just think it's unfair for a company to suddenly take that offer away without letting it's customers know so they don't sign on with a preconceived thought that they'd be able to repeat the process.

Rollinup.