Samsung & Google Announce Ice Cream Sandwich Event

Oct 19th is the day... ICS debuts

Samsung & Google Announce Ice Cream Sandwich Event: October 19, In Hong Kong

Well, that’s one way to leave US-based tech reporters scratching their heads. Samsung has just started sending out invitations to tech press inviting them to a Google/Samsung media event taking place on October 19 in Hong Kong.

The event was originally slated to be held on October 11 in San Diego, but was rescheduled out of respect for Steve Jobs, who passed away a few days before the event would have taken place.

While the previous event’s invitation was pretty vague, this one doesn’t leave any doubt: we’re going to see the debut of Ice Cream Sandwich, the next major release of the Android OS. And we’re also expecting to see the launch of the next ‘Nexus’ device (which is rumored to either be called the Nexus Prime or the Galaxy Nexus).

The Hong Kong venue is a strange move, given the fact that there’s such late notice for people to plan trips. There will be a live stream on YouTube, but since the event will likely showcase phones and tablets, the lack of hands-on time will be frustrating. (I’d speculated it might be at AsiaD, but it’s actually at a different venue).

Read

Welp, at least now we can finally get an idea of what actual goodness is coming to our other phones!

Drooling to commence in T minus 6 days.

just a heads up... even if the event is on 19th HK time its on 18th in the US

04:00PM - Hawaii (October 18th)

07:00PM - Pacific (October 18th)

08:00PM - Mountain (October 18th)

09:00PM - Central (October 18th)

10:00PM - Eastern (October 18th)

03:00AM - London (October 19th)

04:00AM - Paris (October 19th)

06:00AM - Moscow (October 19th)

11:00AM - Tokyo (October 19th)

I will try to post the even details here

Images of Leaked Nexus 3 and spec.

post-312866-0-54366800-1318946535_thumb.

Google Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Chipset: Texas Instruments Omap4460 CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core SMP(Dual-Core) CPU operating frequency: 1.2 GHz

GPU Image Technologies PowerVR SGX 540

Communication Systems (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M/GT-I9250M/SC-04D): W-CDMA,GSM phone (SCH-I515): LTE, CDMA2000 Packet (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M / GT-I9250M/SC -04D): HSPA, EDGE, GPRS (SCH-I515): LTE, EV-DO Rev.

Display: AMOLED HD: 4.65 inches Resolution 720 x1280. Maximum number ofsimultaneous colors Main Display: 16,777,216 color touch screen: capacitive (multi-touch),

Main camera: 5 megapixel CMOS camera with LED flash Video recording1080pHD (1920 * 1080)

Front camera: 1.3 million pixels CMOS

GPS

NFC

Micro USB 2.0

Communications Bluetooth 3.0 + HS

Wireless LAN Communication: IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz Dual-Band5.xGHz)

tethering

Wi-Fi Direct

RAM: 1GB

ROM: 16/32GB:

Battery Capacity: 1750mAh

Notification LED

Edited by SHoTTa35
Edited color declaration

looks like an amazing device. Althought i am still very happy with my Droid 3 that I just got, could i have waited long enought prior to my phone dying it would have been nice to get this instead. But i am happy :p also the Xoom will be the first tablet getting IceCreamSandwich so i am still going to get a try soon. Also i am certain Cyanogenmod will be pumping out an ICS version as soon as the source is released (if it is actually the Honeycomb source has yet to be released)

what's the maniac of going back to huge screens?

if i wanted a pad i would have got one, i don't need a 15" phone...

4.3" is already quite big, and actually even the iPhone isn't too small, but at least acceptable.

Wow the phone design looks really cool. Cannot wait to see the rest tomorrow.

What kinda Android Fanboi are you (N) - it's tonight at 10pm!!! :woot:

(Ontraio is EST right ;) :laugh: )

I been thinking of replacing my windows phone for a new Android phone. Not that I have anything against windows phone, Its just not feature complete like iPhone and Android. I''ll give it time for wp7 to grow.

I been thinking of replacing my windows phone for a new Android phone. Not that I have anything against windows phone, Its just not feature complete like iPhone and Android. I''ll give it time for wp7 to grow.

there is so many exciting features with ICS so you will def love it...

What kinda Android Fanboi are you (N) - it's tonight at 10pm!!! :woot:

(Ontraio is EST right ;) :laugh: )

haha... I didn't even realize it untill yesterday when i say the timing...

Hmm, looks nicer - even looking usable in some cases! They saying they updated all the Google apps for ICS so can't wait to see what some of the others look like!

T-minus 6hrs!

I have been using the new Google Music app that is supposed to come with ICS and wow is it leaps and bounds better than its predecessor!

It is a lot smoother, looks nicer and the UI is much snappier. Plus the position of all of the gestures to navigate through menus and buttons are in better places.

I am very excited to see how ICS turns out tonight, and additionally if it will be available on the SGS 2 (From what I have heard it is a yes though)

Watching the live stream on youtube, and the live blog on Neowin and Engadget.. saw this on Engadget and thought it was ironic and made me laugh.

post-147589-0-63740900-1318988903.png