Where to get FREE songs?

I bet you thought this was going to be a "naughty" thread about illegal downloading and stuff? ;) lol

I see from the Apple iTunes site on their help section, on the right of iTunes they show a "free..." link in the Quick links section. Howver on my iTunes there is no such link!

Also, I have seen that on the "homepage" of iTunes there should be a "free content" section if you download to the bottom. Again, not on mine!

Is it a case of here in the UK we don't get free stuff, as usual, or what?

I've tried searching for free content in iTunes, but it just seems to point to Podcasts or Spoken stuff.

Anyone point me to free iTunes music/albums {legally} please.

It wont be anything good if it's free usually!

Go to the app store and type in 'free music' it's some app which allows you to download, but it's all legal appratently, which is why it's allowed in the app store! It all seems very dodgy to me though :/

It wont be anything good if it's free usually!

Go to the app store and type in 'free music' it's some app which allows you to download, but it's all legal appratently, which is why it's allowed in the app store! It all seems very dodgy to me though :/

Untrue! There are many good artists releasing under Creative Commons licenses, and a lot of labels in the electronic music scene are starting to release free EPs very frequently.

Ok, anyone like to give me a few free albums I could search & download through iTunes?

I'll listen to anything as longs as it's got a tune and isn't hardcorecraptechnosatanicrock ;)

On iTunes they have a section called Single of the Week. Some really big names have been featured there before they made it big, so it's well worth checking out. Also, "like" the iTunes UK Facebook page, they sometimes give out 5-packs of songs.

Have you tried looking outside of iTunes? As an example, The Dresden Dolls' entire discography can be had for free, although they do encourage you to make a donation: http://dresdendolls.bandcamp.com/

Another thing worth doing is getting into local bands. Smaller bands usually sell their EP at their show for a really low price, and I've been to some where they've given it away. Plus there's a few where they'll give you a free track for liking their Facebook page. It's well worth doing and you'll be supporting artists in your area :)