iPhone 4S: Experiences

I'm just curious for whom all may have gotten an iPhone 4S today.

What are the first experiences?

And how is it compared to the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4?

My wife's is belng delievered via Fedex today. Drove past an Apple store on the way to work and there was a nice size line by 7 am... why would people not just get it shipped to the house and risk not actually getting one?

Just setup company email on one for one of our engineers, from my brief usage of the device, its snappy, beyond that i am biased against the iOS because i just dont like using it. also let us all hope the iPhone 5 screen is larger because holding that thing compared to my phone its just too small.

I just got mine this morning, and the difference between the iPhone 4 and 4S really is striking. For starters: Siri is amazing. Beyond that, they fixed the "death grip" issue entirely, the phone is much snappier, and data seems a lot quicker to download with HSDPA+. Also, the camera really is as good as they say it is.

I just got mine this morning, and the difference between the iPhone 4 and 4S really is striking. For starters: Siri is amazing. Beyond that, they fixed the "death grip" issue entirely, the phone is much snappier, and data seems a lot quicker to download with HSDPA+. Also, the camera really is as good as they say it is.

Oh, don’t say things like that, Elliott. At least not before the contract on my iPhone 3GS expires…

Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm seriously jealous :p

let us all hope the iPhone 5 screen is larger because holding that thing compared to my phone its just too small.

Current phone size is perfect for me, don't want to carry a brick around.

How are non-US'ers getting on with Siri....not at all, reports are saying,

Elliott, I believe you killed a few people in the waiting line at the Apple Store to get your phone so early. Now, you need to ask Siri "Where can I hide a body?". Apparently, it has a few suggestions for you …

Current phone size is perfect for me, don't want to carry a brick around.

How are non-US'ers getting on with Siri....not at all, reports are saying,

Seems like the Brits are being understood just fine. Not sure about the Aussies.

Elliott, I believe you killed a few people in the waiting line at the Apple Store to get your phone so early. Now, you need to ask Siri "Where can I hide a body?". Apparently, it has a few suggestions for you ?

:laugh: I had it delivered.

I preordered with AT&T as soon as I got out of work last Friday (had to because of business contract; my job pays for my bill). It was still too late to get it today :(.

Sold a heap today, most customers seemed underwhelmed but wanted it anyway. A few even asked what it was when we asked which model they wanted

Sold a heap today, most customers seemed underwhelmed but wanted it anyway. A few even asked what it was when we asked which model they wanted

That's actually pretty typical. Very few people actually go into a store and go "I want a Samsung Galaxy SII" or "I want a 32GB white iPad 2 with 3G". That's why the retail stores exist. :p

Got mine today was #75 in line at verizon

I upgraded from a iPhone 3GS and i love it ,

the screen is perfect looks so much better then my 3GS or iPad to me

and games run so much faster and look better.

overall I'm very happy

Got mine from a Sprint store today. LOVE IT. :yes: So much better than my older phone, htc hero, and much snapier than my 2G iPod Touch.

Best. Phone. EVER.

I have mine on pre-order, but since i'm flying all day today, I can't pick it up till tomorrow morning :(

This is extremely disappointing.

True. BUT, they have said they will update Siri to support other countries soon as well. This is one of the reasons why it’s in beta, I believe they are using the USA to test this functionality.

Happy with the device, but slightly annoyed that I have to wait until 2012 for local searches via Siri.

Did Apple take over development of Siri or is it contracted out to the original developers?

First of all i have been wanting to buy iPhone 4s no big deal about prices for 64 Gig but i have seen few Videos 1080p Samples on You tube and unfortunately i am extremely disappointed by the video quality if compared to Samsung Galaxy S2.

check this out :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1032509-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-vs-apple-iphone-4s/
[/CODE]

Got my company iPhone 4s today...seems weird compared to my Evo 3D. There is so much more room that the screen could use but doesnt which makes it feel even smaller. What's on the screen is nice though; nice and vivid. It has been really annoying though... tried to download the first app and had to go through many prompts and enter in my login information a couple times and then finally it started the download :p Not what I would consider a first time user friendly setup (I have an old apple id from a 3GS I had for a short period). After that things seemed fine... until.... wifi dropped out.

Unfortunately there are a lot of WiFi networks near me, but I was sitting 5ft from two of my wireless routers (one N only, one G only). The iPhone could no longer see either. I refreshed the list of networks and only 6 showed (normally I see around 10-15 different networks). I refreshed again...3 showed. Refreshed again... 2 showed. Not sure what the deal was, but they were all slowly disappearing! I rebooted the iPhone, no go, same issue. I also tried disabling wifi, going in and out of airplane mode...still nothing. I finally gave up on that and decided to plug it into my computer to grab a few more apps. Plugged it in... iTunes errored saying something about a pairing error. A reboot later and then it worked. Sometime between then and another hour or two the WiFi kicked in and started working again (I can also again see the large collection of networks near me).

I also tried setting up iCloud on it and it just kept spitting back an error about my account not being able to be verified (this was after I already had finally grabbed some apps from both the phone directly and via iTunes). Eventually something kicked out a email verification email which then told me to again log in to the same account on the phone.

Overall in Day 1 I am mildly annoyed with it. It is worlds better than the BlackBerry it is replacing, however :p