iPhone 4S: Experiences

What is the raw video file size of a 1 minute recording done in 1080p on the IP4S? Can anyone try and post back the results please? Thank you!

Depends on what you're filming.

The only thing I am going to miss of the Inspire is the 4G.

I have an Inspire "4G", an Evo 4G, and the new iPhone 4S...I get better 3G speeds on the iPhone than the Inspire, which isnt actually '4G' its HSDPA+, the same technology in the iPhone 4S (14.4mbps down)...ATT is trying to get Apple to push out a minor SW update to display "4G" when it's connected to an "H+" network...

Here's a comparison shot...sitting right next to each other

img1085.png

img1086gq.jpg

I have an Inspire "4G", an Evo 4G, and the new iPhone 4S...I get better 3G speeds on the iPhone than the Inspire, which isnt actually '4G' its HSDPA+, the same technology in the iPhone 4S (14.4mbps down)...ATT is trying to get Apple to push out a minor SW update to display "4G" when it's connected to an "H+" network...

Here's a comparison shot...sitting right next to each other

img1085.png

img1086gq.jpg

Interesting...Thanks for that.

Just setup company email on one for one of our engineers, from my brief usage of the device, its snappy, beyond that i am biased against the iOS because i just dont like using it. also let us all hope the iPhone 5 screen is larger because holding that thing compared to my phone its just too small.

the screen is the size it is, because you can access everywhere on the screen with just your thumb. Doesn't make much sense to have to use two fingers to operate apps..etc.

the screen is the size it is, because you can access everywhere on the screen with just your thumb. Doesn't make much sense to have to use two fingers to operate apps..etc.

It depends how you hold it. Sometimes it is tricky for me to get my thumb over to the top left hand corner without readjusting the grip.

Guess not.

They must have a lot of money to be wasting it like that on something so stupid because everyone with sense knows an Iphone will never survive a fall like that. As for the Samsung surviving, very nice, but again, most of us with enough sense know we need to get an Otter Box to protect our iPhones and Android phones to avoid this scenarios.

They must have a lot of money to be wasting it like that on something so stupid because everyone with sense knows an Iphone will never survive a fall like that. As for the Samsung surviving, very nice, but again, most of us with enough sense know we need to get an Otter Box to protect our iPhones and Android phones to avoid this scenarios.

A test against a 3GS would probably have been more in-context. Putting glass on the front and back of the iPhone 4 was a bad idea. Especially when said glass wasn't nearly as tough as they said it was. So that, along with the antenna issue, were my two biggest concerns with the 4s. It seems they've only fixed one of those so I guess I'll wait it out and see if the iPhone 5 is any better.

A test against a 3GS would probably have been more in-context. Putting glass on the front and back of the iPhone 4 was a bad idea. Especially when said glass wasn't nearly as tough as they said it was. So that, along with the antenna issue, were my two biggest concerns with the 4s. It seems they've only fixed one of those so I guess I'll wait it out and see if the iPhone 5 is any better.

Protocol7 I don't really think Apple is going to get rid of the glass anytime soon or remove it from any future models. If they wanted to do so they would have done it already. The antenna issue has been corrected. It now has 2 intelligent antennas that switch up depending on the area you are at to make sure you get the best reception. No complaints on that department yet.

The SIRI utility is very useful, especially if you are driving. You can call, text, have your text messages or emails read to you, you can send emails, all with your voice without having to distract yourself from the steering wheel.

Do you have any friends in the U.S.A that can probably get it for you and mail it to you? Apple is going to sell an Unlocked iPhone version in November

Yeah most probably I'll ask someone to ship an unlocked version of the phone when its released, a local carrier offered the 3G and the 3GS but that was it. I am still thinking whether to go for the iPhone 4 or the 4S because the battery on the 4S is just worse. (According to the reviews I have read so far)

Yeah most probably I'll ask someone to ship an unlocked version of the phone when its released, a local carrier offered the 3G and the 3GS but that was it. I am still thinking whether to go for the iPhone 4 or the 4S because the battery on the 4S is just worse. (According to the reviews I have read so far)

Don't believe the reviews Thnok. You have to remember something. SIRI uses location services (GPS) in order to find your location. Shut off Location Services and WIFI and it will save you a ton of battery. You don't need Location Services unless you are asking SIRI about something that requires your location. With these settings I mentioned off, I can go for 2 days on a full charge, using SIRI, text messaging and calling (SIRI does all my calling, text messaging, email, etc). I don't do any browsing on the phone because honestly I think it's stupid, unless I absolutely have to search for something on the web, which is hardly ever.

Don't believe the reviews Thnok. You have to remember something. SIRI uses location services (GPS) in order to find your location. Shut off Location Services and WIFI and it will save you a ton of battery. You don't need Location Services unless you are asking SIRI about something that requires your location. With these settings I mentioned off, I can go for 2 days on a full charge, using SIRI, text messaging and calling (SIRI does all my calling, text messaging, email, etc). I don't do any browsing on the phone because honestly I think it's stupid, unless I absolutely have to search for something on the web, which is hardly ever.

I usually wont but during the keynote the battery life on 4S was 100hours less than the 4. I guess Siri is the reason for that though. Currently I am using an iPod touch so 24/7 its hooked up to the wifi. Most of the time I am using apps though like facebook and stuff so it might affect the battery. Does Siri use lot of data? Since most of the processing is done on the cloud and not on the device it self does it? But generally the battery depends on the usage doesnt it? I mean if I just use it for the basic stuff without wi-fi,siri and location services it should last longer than the iPhone 4.

I am already drooling over the 4S so its just a matter of time I guess. :p Everything on it is just amazing the camera and the design you know what I mean right? :)

I usually wont but during the keynote the battery life on 4S was 100hours less than the 4. I guess Siri is the reason for that though. Currently I am using an iPod touch so 24/7 its hooked up to the wifi. Most of the time I am using apps though like facebook and stuff so it might affect the battery. Does Siri use lot of data? Since most of the processing is done on the cloud and not on the device it self does it? But generally the battery depends on the usage doesnt it? I mean if I just use it for the basic stuff without wi-fi,siri and location services it should last longer than the iPhone 4.

I am already drooling over the 4S so its just a matter of time I guess. :p Everything on it is just amazing the camera and the design you know what I mean right? :)

SIRI won't suck your battery unless you are actually using it and yes, when you use it, it connects to a server to get its answers so yes it will use bandwidth therefore what really will suck the battery is if you connect to the internet constantly. I only use SIRI when I'm driving. I turn it on when I get in the car or my work vehicle. I shut it off when I am not using it.

I turn 3G off unless Im actually browsing the web etc to conserve battery. Its not on my 4S either but them im on the Three network XD lol

I don't have the option on my iPhone 4 (not sure if it was there before updating to iOS 5), and i'm with Three UK, so maybe it is a carrier specific option.

SIRI won't suck your battery unless you are actually using it and yes, when you use it, it connects to a server to get its answers so yes it will use bandwidth therefore what really will suck the battery is if you connect to the internet constantly. I only use SIRI when I'm driving. I turn it on when I get in the car or my work vehicle. I shut it off when I am not using it.

Siri doesn't use any data unless you A) activate it to say something or B) change data that it cares about (contacts, calendars, etc.).

The standby time cut is probably due to the 4S having two 3G antennas.

Okay no second thoughts then I need to get my hands on an iPhone 4S ASAP!!!! The photos and everything looks just amazing. :o