assteaserrev.png

Assassin's Creed: Revelations :: Official Neowin Thread

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft

Release Date: November 15th (PS3 / 360), November 29th (Windows PC)

Plot:

The game will feature all three of the series' major characters so far: Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Alta?r Ibn La'Ahad and Desmond Miles. It will take Ezio to Ottoman Constantinople in 1511 AD, consisting of four districts: Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata; to Cappadocia during the rise of the Ottoman Empire, part of which will be a completely underground city populated solely by Templars; and to Masyaf, which holds the old Assassins' stronghold (featured in the first Assassin's Creed game) to which Ezio travels at the beginning of the game. He discovers Alta?r has sealed within the fortress an ancient artifact that is said to be a powerful weapon which could end the Templar and Assassin war forever, and has hidden the keys in Constantinople. Ezio uses relics of the first civilization that hold memories of Alta?r to relive Alta?r's experiences, during which players will control Alta?r.

The game will also continue Desmond's story in the modern day, following the events of Brotherhood, where he will be trapped in the Animus, in comatose state, in which he has found a safe mode known as the Black Room. In the Black Room, Desmond must find a key memory that links him with Alta?r and Ezio to reintegrate his splintered subconscious and regain consciousness. While in game Ezio will meet a variety of historical characters, including Manuel Pailaologos, an heir to the now lost Byzantine Empire; Byzantine Templars who will be lurking in the shadows of Constantinople; Prince Sulieman, a man who will one day become one of the Ottoman Empire's greatest Sultans; and his uncle, Prince Ahmet.

E3 Trailer:

E3 Gameplay:

Special Editions:
PAL - Animus Edition, Collector's Edition, Special Edition
NA - Signature Edition, Ultimate Bundle
(note: Signature Edition free upgrade through pre-order from Gamestop)

Other notes:

• * PS3 release will support 3D, as well as include the original Assassin's Creed in all day-one copies
  • * Multiplayer is back, offering support for players to start their own guilds with a unique coat-of-arms, customize characters and weapons. Ranking up will give players additional background information on Abstergo
  • * Ezio can now craft bombs
  • * Ezio also now has a new item, the hookblade, used to traverse ziplines as well as yank enemies in for a combo
  • * The Borgia Tower mechanic returns, now as "Assassin's Dens", and acts as a tower defense metagame. Hired Assassin guild members can rank to Master Assassin, and be sent to guard the Assassin Dens from Byzantine attack.
  • * Game map has Google-maps style satellite view
  • * Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood?s Lairs of Romulus
  • * The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers
  • * Trophy / Achievement list will be similar to Brotherhood

Animus Edition pre-ordered ages ago. Will be GOTY for me. Assassin's Creed has been my favourite game series since Shenmue.

This series doesn't get enough praise for how good it is. AC1 was average but the mechanics and story were there and Ubisoft nailed it with ACII.

I just hope that the end to Revelations will be satisfying because i think we'll be waiting a little longer for AC3 to be released.

This will probably be my first day-one game purchase. I always wait a few months for the price to drop on games, but the Assassin's Creed games have been so enjoyable for me, I really can't wait to play the next installment.

I really enjoyed ACII and Brotherhood in the PC (360 controller). Kind of tee'd that the PC version is delayed until December but it'll be worth it, plus I'll have something to do on winter break.

Good to see adventure games during "Shooter Season 2011". I just posted in the Batman topic about that game and Uncharted 3 without thinking about Assassin's Creed. Now I have to add AC in the mix of what to buy and what games to hold off on. :(

They could do AC3 and then do some more "extra" games like we're getting now off of AC2 as well. That's what my bet is atm.

I sure hope you're right. :) I really DON'T want this franchise to end anytime soon. Or ever, for that matter. :D

Animus Edition pre-ordered ages ago. Will be GOTY for me. Assassin's Creed has been my favourite game series since Shenmue.

This series doesn't get enough praise for how good it is. AC1 was average but the mechanics and story were there and Ubisoft nailed it with ACII.

I just hope that the end to Revelations will be satisfying because i think we'll be waiting a little longer for AC3 to be released.

After AC:R, I want to do an Assassin's Creed marathon :D

(Also, Anno 2070 should be coming out in November too!)

After the AC 2012 game is released and this arc is resolved, I hope they pull an Inception, and say that this arc was really a guy from the future who was actually reliving Desmond's life. :D

After the AC 2012 game is released and this arc is resolved, I hope they pull an Inception, and say that this arc was really a guy from the future who was actually reliving Desmond's life. :D

What if they just slap all AC fans in the face and say it was all just a dream. :p

That would be quite interesting, and a possible good lead in to AC3.

What if they just slap all AC fans in the face and say it was all just a dream. :p

Ubisoft would burn under my wrath....

Honestly, that thought occurred to me at the end of AC:B, when Desmond couldn't control himself.

Well i doubt that would happen. It would be a massive cop out if it turned out like that.

The reason Desmond couldn't control himself is because

Juno used the Piece of Eden to take control of Desmond and stab Lucy, Rodrigo also did the same thing to Ezio at the end of ACII.

Here is an interesting video about Desmond, especially if you're big on the story side of this game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassins-creed-revelations/video/6339000/assassins-creed-revelations-desmonds-ancestry-explained

It will give you a decent idea of one of the plot points that will happen in Revelations, probably the ending in fact. So it could be considered a spoiler.

Well i doubt that would happen. It would be a massive cop out if it turned out like that.

The reason Desmond couldn't control himself is because

Juno used the Piece of Eden to take control of Desmond and stab Lucy, Rodrigo also did the same thing to Ezio at the end of ACII.

Here is an interesting video about Desmond, especially if you're big on the story side of this game.

http://uk.gamespot.c...estry-explained

It will give you a decent idea of one of the plot points that will happen in Revelations, probably the ending in fact. So it could be considered a spoiler.

If that's true, what of the voices at the end of AC:brotherhood? I don't remember specifically what they say but they definitely hint towards the fact that it's all happening in yet another animus in the future...

Is the Animus edition UK only??

If that's true, what of the voices at the end of AC:brotherhood? I don't remember specifically what they say but they definitely hint towards the fact that it's all happening in yet another animus in the future...

Well if you mean

the bit where they mention he is in shock, then that is William Miles and another member of the Assassin Order. William Miles is telling the other guy to put Desmond back in the Animus. Where Revelations will continue from.

Is the Animus edition UK only??

Well it is only available at Ubishop

http://shop.ubi.com

So check there to see if they ship to you.

The game will also continue Desmond's story in the modern day, following the events of Brotherhood, where he will be trapped in the Animus, in comatose state,

Well if you mean

the bit where they mention he is in shock, then that is William Miles and another member of the Assassin Order. William Miles is telling the other guy to put Desmond back in the Animus. Where Revelations will continue from.

Well it is only available at Ubishop

http://shop.ubi.com

So check there to see if they ship to you.

i couldn't even find it on their site

so not fair!!

The only decent thing in it other than the DLC vouchers is the Encyclopaedia and that can be bought separately.

The Embers movie i believe will be out the same day for streaming, so you can still see that also.