iphone 4s and 720p video recording possible?

Another good reason for 720p, is that the viewing angle is better. Hope we get an option soon, was sad to see that such an obvious option was missing.

Another good reason for 720p, is that the viewing angle is better. Hope we get an option soon, was sad to see that such an obvious option was missing.

What? Viewing angle is a technical specification of any given screen and is not influenced by what is on the screen...

• Like 1

what has 720p to do with viewing angle? :s

and its weird that there is no such option as the size difference is alot.

i dont know when so hard to add these options to an OS.

Ive seen this with all the major platforms ....

Nokias Symbian OS is by far the most flexible is terms of settings and functionality customization.

You can pretty much control every single element of the OSs behavior through the settings menu. Its so detailed.

what has 720p to do with viewing angle? :s

and its weird that there is no such option as the size difference is alot.

i dont know when so hard to add these options to an OS.

Ive seen this with all the major platforms ....

Nokias Symbian OS is by far the most flexible is terms of settings and functionality customization.

You can pretty much control every single element of the OSs behavior through the settings menu. Its so detailed.

I think Apples opinion on these matters is they keep some obvious features back for their next release. Things like tap to focus, using the volume up key to take a picture, putting a guide on the screen. These are all basic interface features that would be obvious to anyone but they held them back for newer OS releases just so it's another feature to show off.

even if they dont have the same W H

Even if anything

the viewing angle depends on the pixel pitch and depth

no the resolution of the VIDEO being displayed on it.

It will depend on the panel of the DISPLAY.. not the video :p

the only reason to watch 720p setting is basically to reduce the size of videos for faster uploads and to save space.

Im not talking about the screen viewing angle. Sorry wrote that in a rush and used the wrong term.

I was actually talking about the field of view. Switch to video and you will see it appears to crop. It looks almost like you have zoomed in slightly.

720p and 1080p have the same ratio

so the display area should be the same

and it will zoom in and cutoff because the Iphone has a different ratio

its actually less widesreen

i guess its 16:10 and not 16:9

It's the same experience I have on my s2. I switch to 720p for this reason, check out; http://www.gsmarena....eview-597p9.php

gsmarena_100.jpg

Scroll down to 'Excellent FullHD video' and just below there is a comparison of the video at 720p and 1080p.

Another issue though with the s2 is that it lacks image stabalization, so 1080p can be very juddery if you dont have a steady hand. Thankfully this is not an issue on my 4S.

I think the image zoom thing in the SGS2 is or just a limitation of the camera. :unsure: It's never done that in any other phone i've used so I don't know why it zooms like that. I ready about that in a review before buying but since I don't use it that often I overlooked it, plus figured i'd just use 720p instead :)

As for the OP, no settings for 720p AFAIK.

wow.. i didnt know thats what these phones do when you record @ 1080p :s

let me explain from what i know.

The sensor is 8mp right?

the 1080p res is 2mp.. so when you are recording 720p.. its using the full sensor to record in a size of less than 2mp.. so removing data inbetween pixels. This will result in less noise in theory and sharper picture with less artifacts.

when you select 1080p.. its actually using less area of the sensor to record 2mp. So it looks like its zoomed in. And also more noise.