What makes Android better?

I'd say prices. I mean I'm picking up a Nexus S for £250, it was a competitor to the iPhone 4 and had similar specs. Try even getting an iPhone 4 (Even used) for that price...

Though iOS has it's better apps, (I actually hate the android market, so cluttered and device management is terrible). Plus iOS at least updates most of it's devices at the same time, not taking months to roll out to about 10 handsets.

I haven't experiences iPhones or Windows Phones as yet.

For me, Android has what I want. I am only limited at the moment due to memory constraints. For me, the iPhone is a polished, finished product. It's actually attractive with the strict guidelines with apps and if you have an iPod, and the whole iTunes suite then I'd say it's worth it, very much so, hell, even I'd buy one.

But I don't have an iPod, iTunes or anything, therefore Android suits me for all what I want and need.

• 3 weeks later...

As rabid an Android fan as I am, I have to admit that if Android suddenly vanished, I'd run an iPhone again without thinking twice. :D

I agree. While Android suits my needs (I like to tweak things, and it's easy enough with Android), but having the opportunity to play with a first-gen iPod Touch even before the iPhone was released is what got me to finally consider giving smartphones a chance.

The last iPhone I had the chance to really play around with was the 3G, but I don't think I'd be too upset if I had to "settle' for iPhone 4S if Android didn't exist considering the other options. I wouldn't mind a WP7, either. I'm pretty happy with the available options.