We heard your feedback, a new style and direction inbound

Is this part of the "change in direction"? http://www.neowin.ne...-think#comments

That article didn't seem to go down well and that's not the kinda thing I wanna read here myself. Having been on the other side of the fence, what Neowin needs is talented and skilled writers to create unique and interesting content.

Sure is, along with things like this 1, 2, it's an editorial. You win some, you lose some.

I personally like the writing style as it is now. I would enjoy a bit more humor in the posts, but overall, it's pretty good. I personally would enjoy having the source towards the top of the article though.

But I agree, all the news about iPhone rumors began to get a bit boring. The gaming news about publisher X developing game Y in four years really don't have that much of an interest in me either, but I do like reading the reviews that Neowin's writers make themselves, including game reviews and cell phone reviews and just tech reviews in general.

I personally liked the second example more than the first, but I still like the current style the most. Hopefully what you end up with is something that falls in between the second example and current writing style.

And personally, I don't think I've seen many people complain about the style of writing, anyway, but that might just be me...

As well, in the second example (and I think the first as well), I've seen words like "crap" and "giving the middle finger". Although they really aren't swearing words, they're just about as close to swearing as you've gotten. And I personally don't like it. That is my biggest gripe about the second example. Otherwise, it's not half-bad.

So wait, the front page is getting changed again? I actually like this new style =x

It's just color to the writing style, not the theme itself. No?