Photo

Spammed to death since this new board upgrade ...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43

That isn't our fault! Take 5 minutes to go through and enable/disable exactly what you want http://www.neowin.ne...a=notifications for example my notifications are set to inline only, which is the notifications list at the top right of the site next to search, you probably have that disabled when you're "online" as well.

People are too quick to assume that we're at fault even though 100's of others don't seem to have the issue you're having.

That's not true. The first thing I always assume is that i'm an idiot and probably doing something wrong.
I still didn't understand your explanation to my problem.

When I reply a thread I want to get only one notification \ email until I visit the thread again.
To my understanding the only line in the notification settings that responsible for this is
"v Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:"
With "Immediate" I can get 30 notifications for 30 replies from X thread regardless if I visit the thread.
With "Offline" I will get 1 Email \ Notification for 30 replies from X thread IF I'm Offline (Completely disconnected from neowin) until I'll visit the thread (that will trigger the notifications for this thread again) .
If I'm online but reading some other thread I won't be notified for a new reply on the X thread

*Of course blaming anyone from neowin was a joke :), I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work for me like it used to.

#17 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 88

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:45

The offline part probably only works if you actually log out from Neowin (I'm guessing).

#18 Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:01

I just checked 6 more forum boards I'm using (just to make sure) and in all of them the default thread subscription mode I'm using is set to instant or Immediate and all of them acts like it should. One notification per thread until thread is visited.
I'm pretty sure there's a bug in the Immediate Option on Neowin..It used to work until a month ago or so.

It have to be a bug..where's the logic of getting 50 notification for one thread...

#19 Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 14:05

I passed the edit time on my last post but I want to emphasis my point with the next picture.
I don't think this should happen:

Posted Image

Imagine getting it in emails..