Problem With Internet Connection Using AnalogX Proxy Program

Well, I was having an issue with being online when putting in the static ip address 10.0.0.3 for the proxy setting for Internet Explorer which is the same ip address as the one that I had downloaded analogX which is a proxy server program...it doesn't work...but when I put in the ip address 10.0.0.1 it works....why is that?

More importantly though, now that I got the computers networked, the Internet connection with the client computer which uses the other host/proxy server computer to connect to the Internet...has a slow Internet browsing problem now...it either times out giving the generic Internet Explorer can't display the page...or...works really slowly. (For example when I tried to login with the correct username and password to this website neowin.net it doesn't even let me log in.) How can I fix this?

what port is the proxy listening on? it may not be 80 which is the default web browser port and what is listed when you setup a proxy in IE.

It looks like 6588 is the default port for that proxy server.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/analogx.htm

Do you have a Active directory domain or is it a workgroup? If it is a workgroup did you check the dns (your issue may be a slow dns server), you could try a different dns server like 4.2.2.2 or 4.2.2.1 or 8.8.8.8, etc. If it is active directory, you should only be using your internal AD DNS for resolution and you may want to put in a forwarder in there to one of the mentioned dns servers if you are having issues.

LOL, this is what I saw on the front page! Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

post-58111-0-12425500-1319525883.png