Counter-Strike GO 1 hour gameplay

Here's one hour of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive shot last week during the Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge in New York.

Want to get a long hard look at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? Now's your chance to get a full hour's worth of gameplay and non-stop commentary. It's Europe versus America at the Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge in New York, bought to you by ESL TV with Joe Miller and Midway. The winners will each received an Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition CPU and the losers a BenQ XL2410T gaming monitor.

http://www.tomshardw...ters,13769.html

I absolutely loved Counter-Strike. I've played it since version 1.5 and only stopped when games like Call of Duty 4 were released. I didn't like Counter-Strike: Source as much as CS 1.6; however, I'm willing to play this if it's a blend between the two. From what I've seen, it looks like that's what they're going for.

you literally can't judge a CS game from a video cause all it looks like is 1.6/source with better graphics...

And that's all it really is, right? Don't get me wrong, I played the hell out of CS 1.5/1.6 back in the day, but I don't get how people can play that game for so long. :s :rofl:

And that's all it really is, right? Don't get me wrong, I played the hell out of CS 1.5/1.6 back in the day, but I don't get how people can play that game for so long. :s :rofl:

i dunno, i gotta play it to judge it ;) apparently they did a bunch of gameplay changes to. And i can, cause in my opinion it's the greatest online FPS ever. 1.6 was the reason i almost failed grade 8 and 9 :rofl: source was the reason my grades in second semester of university went down the toilet... now all my crap grades/lazyness is on CoD 2 and up.

Which makes it perfect for me. :)

(Y)

i dunno, i gotta play it to judge it ;) apparently they did a bunch of gameplay changes to. And i can, cause in my opinion it's the greatest online FPS ever. 1.6 was the reason i almost failed grade 8 and 9 :rofl: source was the reason my grades in second semester of university went down the toilet... now all my crap grades/lazyness is on CoD 2 and up.

(Y)

Haha, the same thing almost happened to me. I was absolutely obsessed with CS:S near the end of my first year of University, and then again in my second year.

Thanks for posting the video. The game looks great. Like others have said, it looks like 1.6/Source with improved graphics, but that's all I ever wanted from a new CS installment. Hell, watching that video has made me want to load up CS:S again and get my skills back up before GO comes out.

Haha, the same thing almost happened to me. I was absolutely obsessed with CS:S near the end of my first year of University, and then again in my second year.

Thanks for posting the video. The game looks great. Like others have said, it looks like 1.6/Source with improved graphics, but that's all I ever wanted from a new CS installment. Hell, watching that video has made me want to load up CS:S again and get my skills back up before GO comes out.

I haven't touched CSS since they updated the engine to the same as TF2, which just killed my fps.

I played Counter Strike though since it was in beta form for the original Half Life. Got so good at it, I was getting banned from almost every server because they thought I was cheating. If there was 1 game I could just totally dominate in, it would be old school counter strike 1.6.

I have high hopes for this, especially on my ps3. Keyboard and Mouse control, as well as a more secure system to make it harder for anyone to exploit the game sounds like a win win. Cross platform playing is just more gluten free icing on the cake :p

I hope valve does another PS3 special where if you buy this for the PS3 , you get it free on PC... That would ensure my purchase.

I hope valve does another PS3 special where if you buy this for the PS3 , you get it free on PC... That would ensure my purchase.

That would be awesome indeed. I'm guessing that they will, since that seems to be Valve's modus operandi nowadays. It's going to be interesting to see how cross-platform play works out. From the Giant Bomb interview, it sounds like you will be matched up with players of similar skill regardless of their input method, so in theory it should work out as long as certain input methods aren't given gross advantages over others (case in point: Playstation Move auto-aiming in Killzone 3).

That would be awesome indeed. I'm guessing that they will, since that seems to be Valve's modus operandi nowadays. It's going to be interesting to see how cross-platform play works out. From the Giant Bomb interview, it sounds like you will be matched up with players of similar skill regardless of their input method, so in theory it should work out as long as certain input methods aren't given gross advantages over others (case in point: Playstation Move auto-aiming in Killzone 3).

I would hope that when the game is matching players up, it would also look at control method and match up players according to that as well. There is just no way, none, nada, zilch, that would ever put a player on a controller on the same playing level as a keyboard and mouse. Especially for this type of game.