Nintendo 3DS

It looks like Nintendo is preparing for an upcoming rival, the PS Vita, obviously. The company launches yet another round of updates for the Nintendo 3DS.

Last year, the tech world was appalled when Nintendo mentioned that the 3DS didn’t feature 3D video recording right out of the box, but they promised that the 3DS will be supporting the highly popular feature in the near future.

nintendo-3ds.jpg

The Nintedo 3DS receives updates.

Well, looks like the Kyoto-based video game giant has kept its promise. This coming November, Nintendo will be rolling out a system update for the 3DS console that will include the much-awaited 3D video capturing feature which will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video clips and enable them to create their own 3D stop-motion animation videos, Nintendo also said that other features will be announced in the future.

Also, 3DS owners will be delighted to know that two [3DS exclusive] games from the Super Mario franchise will soon be released: Super Mario Land 3D (Platform-type) and Mario Kart 7, the games will be made available on November 13 and December 4.

It’s worth noting that Nintendo will be offering and anniversary edition of the The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords which will be available between this 28th of September until the 20th of February next year. Ninteno DSi and DSi XL users can download the free game via Nintendo DSiWare, the Nintendo eShop on the other hand, is there to serve the needs of 3DS owners.

“The 2011 holiday season offers up multiple must-have Nintendo games for both experienced players and newcomers,” stated by Scott Moffitt, executive vice president of Sales & Marketing, Nintendo America. “Shoppers know they can count on Nintendo to offer amazing entertainment experiences at an unbeatable value.” which is kinda’ true don’t you think?

Nintendo will start rolling out the 3DS system update by the end of November.

http://popherald.com/nintendo-3ds-prepares-for-playstation-ps-vita/news/2011/10/24

"Last year, the tech world was appalled when Nintendo mentioned that the 3DS didn’t feature 3D video recording right out of the box"

Whut? This is why I don't like the media generally, always going overly dramatic and inventing problems, and then general Joe public come across, read it, and then get the wrong impression and start touting it as fact. Blergh. No doubt they're preparing for the Vita somewhere... but I don't see a direct connection between that and delivering something they promised to us many months ago. This is just delivering on that promise.

Preparing for Vita would more likely be ensuring they have a suitably decent line up of games by the time Vita launches, and I'm sure Super Mario World, Mario Kart 7, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, etc. will have those bases covered, and then making sure they've got a lot of interesting stuff in the pipeline.

• Like 1

"Last year, the tech world was appalled when Nintendo mentioned that the 3DS didn’t feature 3D video recording right out of the box"

Whut? This is why I don't like the media generally, always going overly dramatic and inventing problems, and then general Joe public come across, read it, and then get the wrong impression and start touting it as fact. Blergh. No doubt they're preparing for the Vita somewhere... but I don't see a direct connection between that and delivering something they promised to us many months ago. This is just delivering on that promise.

Preparing for Vita would more likely be ensuring they have a suitably decent line up of games by the time Vita launches, and I'm sure Super Mario World, Mario Kart 7, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, etc. will have those bases covered, and then making sure they've got a lot of interesting stuff in the pipeline.

yeah, who, exactly, was appalled by the news?

im really hopeful for the 3DS's future - im really looking fwd to some of the games coming out in the next 6mo.

on that note, i'll be buying a Vita on day 1 :D

yeah, who, exactly, was appalled by the news?

im really hopeful for the 3DS's future - im really looking fwd to some of the games coming out in the next 6mo.

on that note, i'll be buying a Vita on day 1 biggrin.png

Hmm, I think that it's success will be dumbed down by the sheer rise in mobile gaming (take the iPhone for example?).

Hmm, I think that it's success will be dumbed down by the sheer rise in mobile gaming (take the iPhone for example?).

Most of those people who download angry birds(or other sub-par phone games) and think it's considered "gaming"(lol) probably weren't the type who'd buy any handheld at all. So it's not like they'd lose a sale as the sale wasn't going to be there anyway.

Most of those people who download angry birds(or other sub-par phone games) and think it's considered "gaming"(lol) probably weren't the type who'd buy any handheld at all. So it's not like they'd lose a sale as the sale wasn't going to be there anyway.

Lol...totally agree.

I actually downloaded angry birds, and its average at best. I just couldnt see what the hype was about. I am considering a 3DS, but right now my DSL serves me well.

Yeah. You can't lose a non-existent customer. Casual gamers, that is gamers who play games on their phone and nowhere else, would probably never hand been interested in dedicated handhelds. However, casual gamers might eventually want a better and fuller experience and actually buy a dedicated handheld. if the manufacturers are smart and market and advertise well it could work in their favour.

Lol...totally agree.

I actually downloaded angry birds, and its average at best. I just couldn't see what the hype was about. I am considering a 3DS, but right now my DSL serves me well.

I think it might be more of a cutesy/playful factor people responded to. It's not a bad game, I just have little patience for these small downloadable games. It's why I've never had any on my phone.

I have a 3DS and considering Super Mario Land 3D is coming out soon and it is apparently awesome I might suggest you consider getting a 3DS. :)

I wish we knew when Kid Icarus was dropping, though.

I have a 3DS and considering Super Mario Land 3D is coming out soon and it is apparently awesome I might suggest you consider getting a 3DS. :)

Mario Kart 7, which comes just a couple weeks after mario 3d land also looks great and worth getting if one is considering a 3ds. Especially with how much effort it seems nintendo is putting into the online portion.

• 8 months later...

i have a 3ds and it is awesome the lastest system update gave folders and a redesign of the eshop and read my other post saying how i modifiyed my 3ds.i have 3d land,kart 7 star fox, rumble blast,eshop games at least 20 of them and my favorite resident evil revelations

ps vita is not worth it.The 3ds is stronger than a wii but weaker than a xbox 360 while a vita is stronger than a xbox 360 but weaker than ps3.both have amazing graphics but vita don't have fun games and only for adults if you target the kid audience your sales will boost like the wii and ds.

c'mon man, check the thread dates! dont resurrect!

He's 10 years old, and not even posting factual information. What do you expect? :s

(don't mean that as an insult either, check his profile heh)

• Like 2

Just wait for the inevitable redesign that includes the 2nd analog stick by default... :pinch:

That doesn't seem to be the case :p

Most of those people who download angry birds(or other sub-par phone games) and think it's considered "gaming"(lol).

game elitism :rolleye: because it's not a real game of regular people enjoy playing it... i guess mario brothers wasn't a real game either.

game elitism :rolleye: because it's not a real game of regular people enjoy playing it... i guess mario brothers wasn't a real game either.

It took you 9 months to come up with that?