Grand Theft Auto V announced, first trailer on November 2

• 2 weeks later...

A 22 Million+ copies selling turd.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its crap.

I think he's referring to the PC version which was a horrible ****ing mess. Without 3rd party mods, the game is barely playable even on current machines.

• 1 month later...

Hope the PC release of this (assuming there will be one) is better than the PC release of GTA IV. Shadow and many other graphical issues (texture popping and what not) were so plentiful on the PC release it was just horrid....not to mention the performance was atrocious. I play games for the story and gameplay, but the graphics were so troublesome in GTA IV on the PC that I put the game down early and never looked back.

I'm sure after Max Payne 3 they've learned how to make RAGE work great on PC. Then again MP3 wasn't an open world game, so who knows.

In any case, damn those screenshots are nice.

December Issue of Game Informer Featuring GTA V To Launch Digitally On November 8

In the morning of November 8, we will reveal the cover art and give you a break down of the issue (hint: the story is huge - over 18 pages in print - and full of details and screens we can't wait to share). Then, in the afternoon (US Central time) we will release the digital edition of Game Informer to iPad, 10-inch Android devices, and PC/Mac. Print issues will already be in the mail and should arrive to subscribers in the weeks that follow. Newsstand is November 16.

Source

Hope the PC release of this (assuming there will be one) is better than the PC release of GTA IV. Shadow and many other graphical issues (texture popping and what not) were so plentiful on the PC release it was just horrid....not to mention the performance was atrocious. I play games for the story and gameplay, but the graphics were so troublesome in GTA IV on the PC that I put the game down early and never looked back.

It took a while but they sorted it out eventually. By the time Episodes was out it ran really well on my machine. ENB really gave it a new lease of life too.

Really not impressed by the screenshots. The textures are incredibly low resolution and there is clearly no anisotropic filtering, the lighting looks flat and the environments look very low detail (there's no tessellation). It really doesn't look much different from GTAIV, at least when comparing marketing shots to marketing shots. And as we found out with GTAIV, the marketing shots typically bear little relation to the actual graphics.

They really should have made it a launch title for the next generation of consoles rather than aiming for the end of the current generation. The graphics may end up better but it will be marginal when GTAIV had performance issues and had to run at a lower resolution on PS3. The current generation of consoles are incredibly dated in terms of hardware and they're not going to put in a lot of effort just for the PC version, especially given how lazy the PC port was for GTAIV.

I'm much more interested in

i gotta say didn't find the last one very enjoyable, the whole depressing Russian storyline wasn't doing it for me, if this one has a bit of the fun of SA injected back into it, should be amazing.

i gotta say didn't find the last one very enjoyable, the whole depressing Russian storyline wasn't doing it for me, if this one has a bit of the fun of SA injected back into it, should be amazing.

The driving was fun but I found the mission structure and gameplay to be rather weak. For me Vice City was the pinnacle of the series, as it had decent graphics, fun gameplay, an excellent soundtrack and an enjoyable narrative.

Really not impressed by the screenshots. The textures are incredibly low resolution and there is clearly no anisotropic filtering, the lighting looks flat and the environments look very low detail (there's no tessellation). It really doesn't look much different from GTAIV, at least when comparing marketing shots to marketing shots. And as we found out with GTAIV, the marketing shots typically bear little relation to the actual graphics.

They really should have made it a launch title for the next generation of consoles rather than aiming for the end of the current generation. The graphics may end up better but it will be marginal when GTAIV had performance issues and had to run at a lower resolution on PS3. The current generation of consoles are incredibly dated in terms of hardware and they're not going to put in a lot of effort just for the PC version, especially given how lazy the PC port was for GTAIV.

I'm much more interested in

I think the screenshots & trailer look quite significantly better than GTAIV on Xbox. Not only that, but Red Dead Redemption (using the same engine) also looked significantly better than GTAIV.

As you said, the hardware is incredbly dated, so I don't why wouldn't you be impressed with what Rockstar are pulling from the consoles. I mean, you can't seriously have expected to look technically better than it does... can you?

When this game gets released, regardless of graphics, lighting issues, tessellation, whatever, it will be the most popular game of 2013 by far.

Only 'The Last of Us' has a chance of being up there sales wise.

*points above* Any high res pics of those?

Can't find any. The second one was posted on Twitter. Here is another one of the first leak.

gtafiveplgtavspring2013.jpg

Not surprised at the Spring 2013 (rumored) launch date at all. Rockstar usually release their latest games in May of whatever year, and GTA V is the next in line

Can't find any. The second one was posted on Twitter. Here is another one of the first leak.

Thank you for that! *saves* :)

Not surprised at the Spring 2013 (rumored) launch date at all. Rockstar usually release their latest games in May of whatever year, and GTA V is the next in line

The astronomical spring (Northern Hemisphere) begins Wednesday, 20 March 2013, and ends Thursday, 20 June 2013.

I have also read the release date can also be worked out if it is 31 March 2013 or before (USA Q2) or after based on how much Quarterly earnings Take Two project (being announced today). If it is high in this Quarter, then GTA V must be 31 March or before. If it is similar to last year, then must be after this Quarter.

When this game gets released, regardless of graphics, lighting issues, tessellation, whatever, it will be the most popular game of 2013 by far.

Only 'The Last of Us' has a chance of being up there sales wise.

Not even remotely close.

I'm sure COD27 will surpass it in sales. Last of Us will sell 4 - 5 million, tops. GTA5 will triple that easily.

I am. GTA is usually a fall game -- GTA4 being the exception due to technical issues of the PS3 and being a multiplatform release for the first time.