gta v where will it be announced

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#16 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

• 1,821 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:35

I too think its going to be London BTW. They have already done all the cities from the original version (series) all that is left is London. Maybe they think americans driving in reverse cant take it in a video game :p

#17 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:37

I too think its going to be London BTW. They have already done all the cities from the original version (series) all that is left is London. Maybe they think americans driving in reverse cant take it in a video game :p

Its not going to be in london, the 5 in the GTA logo looks like a US dollar note.

#18 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

• 1,821 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:39

Its not going to be in london, the 5 in the GTA logo looks like a US dollar note.

Might be a bluff.

BTW, this news is one of the first on Neowin: Google shows the first sign of Grand Theft Auto 5 confirmed only 20 minutes ago.

#19 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:40

Why would they bluff.

GTA London is just wishful thinking, how many GTA games have there been and how many of them have been set in London, there has never been a main game set in London only mission packs.

Setting it in the UK doesnt lend well to the kind of game GTA is. There is no gun culture here.

#20 MLIFE

MLIFE

Rock on!

• 647 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:41

Imagine if they made London drive on the right :p

#21 Green_Eye

Green_Eye

Neowinian Senior

• 4,017 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:41

As I said it makes sense for them to do London but from that logo unless they are bluffing it's not going to be London :(

#22 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:43

It doesnt make sense to do London, there is no gun culture so there would be no valid explanation to have the kind of weapons available for a game set in London.

#23 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,348 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:44

If the folks at Rockstar Toronto are doing the PC version, they better do it right this time. The PC version of GTA IV was underwhelming in terms of performance and image quality.

#24 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:46

It doesnt make sense to do London, there is no gun culture so there would be no valid explanation to have the kind of weapons available for a game set in London.

You have never encountered a womble on a friday night :D

#25 Green_Eye

Green_Eye

Neowinian Senior

• 4,017 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:49

I don't know if you live in London but while I do agree that there is not much of a gun culture here that certainly does not mean there are no guns. I speak from first hand experience, go down the wrong parts of London and you will certainly encounter weapons. Overall what you are suggesting would not be much of an obstacle at all seeing as the game is centered around the life of a criminal.

#26 AndyRixon

AndyRixon

Neowinian

• 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:51

Well this has come out of nowhere, can't wait to see what the trailer has to say about the actual and possible gameplay of GTA5.

Why would they bluff.

GTA London is just wishful thinking, how many GTA games have there been and how many of them have been set in London, there has never been a main game set in London only mission packs.

Setting it in the UK doesnt lend well to the kind of game GTA is. There is no gun culture here.

Actually, there has been one game that has been set in London, The Getaway, and The Getaway:Black Monday (For the PS2).

Additionally, GTA isn't based on true stories, yes things like that may happen in the US (Never been but have watch documentaries about the sort), but London, do have certian crimes that include gun crimes, drug wars and other such, it will be good to see another game set in London since there isn't many, its all based around the US.

#27 Xerax

Xerax

Flashbomb

• 1,633 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:57

It probably won't be, but I hope it's London >:].

#28 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• 1,184 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:59

Although I doubt this game will be set in London, but the logo looks no more like the dollar bill than it does a UK £5 note.

#29 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,710 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:04

Posted Image

Matches a US $5 bill... look at the text for the 'FIVE' - it's an identical font.

#30 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,417 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:05

Think this will be for the next Xbox?

Am I the only one who loves it when GTA does a spin off? Such as; London, San Andreas, Vice City etc.

I just find 2, 3 and 4 got boring quick.