Grand Theft Auto V announced, first trailer on November 2

But if anyone rings me during the game and says something along the lines of "Cousin let's go bowling!!"

Im trading in the game.

Oh dear god. Worst.Feature.Ever.

Saint's Row is the worst example of all GTA clones out there.

I'm guessing either Las Vegas, Washington DC or even Vice City looking at the dollar bill.

Maybe it could be a new custom made city not based on any real life city or previous GTA city?

Those complaining of PC performance issues on GTA IV should go get EFLC, its much better optimised for PC imo.

well i'm pee your pants excited for this. i put about 80-100 hours into gta4 and the first expansion. haven't even played gay tony yet...

:D You are so excited you are going to pee someone elses pants? I like your style (Y)

I bought the gta pack when it was super cheap on steam the other day but I've never actually played beyond GTA2, now I have the games I guess I should start :) Should I play through them in order or just go for the most recent one?

If you go for the latest ones, the previous games would seem too stale. Just play them in order so the transition will be smooth.

Without going into sneak peeks, Rockstar has this time gone straight to a game trailer. A rare occasion.

They should put an iPhone instead, so we could set it in Airplane mode to stop receiving calls and emails.

You can turn it off.

BTW, this is another San Andreas, in the same universe as GTA4, and the gang turf stuff will be part of the multiplayer.

Obligatory take-with-a large-grain-of-salt disclaimer applies:

Grand Theft Auto V Details Leaked?

It's always impossible in these situations to tell whether its a 14 year old with too much time on their hands or whether its a genuine leak, I'll leave it for you to decide.

gtav-leak-1.png

As always in these situations, take with an absolute pinch of salt. Especially since the source on this one is 4chan, the poster of course being anonymous. The person who posted the above claims to be a Rockstar employee under NDA, leaking a bunch of classified information at first oppurtunity - bless him.

It seems this individual is promising far more variety in the gameplay than was found in GTAIV, more to do outside of the base storyline is basically what the fans complained about last time round. It also seems that a return to San Andreas is possible. That would be a huge area to explore.

Let's face it, everything in this post is just what the fans want to hear - a decent PC port being the height of that - and unless Rockstar have REALLY got their act together, this isn't going to happen.

Still, I think we're all secretly hoping this is true. Stay tuned, November 2nd, for the first look at GTA V.

Source: Gameranx

:D You are so excited you are going to pee someone elses pants? I like your style (Y)

I bought the gta pack when it was super cheap on steam the other day but I've never actually played beyond GTA2, now I have the games I guess I should start :) Should I play through them in order or just go for the most recent one?

Vice City and San Andreas are the 2 best games, it doesn't really matter what order you play them it's not a linear story, each game is based off a different character but it's the same world so there's a lot of connections to the people from the other games. I've started playing them again but I'm finding GTA3 to be a bit tedious.

If the leak details are true, it will be great. GTA San Andreas was my favorite game of the series and GTA IV was too realistic something which was out of sync of a GTA game.

I am very excited for a new Grand Theft Auto game, no matter where it takes place. I love the franchise, and I'm hoping it is set in San Andreas. It would be incredible to see the state updated for current-generation hardware. Plus, they could do a lot more with the game again. I'm a bit skeptical of co-op story, because to me, Grand Theft Auto has always been the sort of 'one man army' story. You have AI buddies at times but their contribution is so minor that it still feels like the protagonist against every other organization and the law.

2012 would be a good period to set the game in, though I have no idea what year GTA IV was set in. I'm assuming 2008 or so, to fit with the technology and the vehicle design, but I'm not entirely sure with that one. If it's a bit more lighthearted than its predecessor it'll win a lot of fans over again. I loved GTA IV, but it seemed divisive.

All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is a game I am definitely hyped up for.

Really hope it's in Las Vegas, seems a really cool environment to have GTA in.

If it's San Andreas it will be, because of Las Venturas. ;)

I loved San Andreas because of the 3 different cities and the massive space in between. No more Liberty city! It's just boring and depressing really. I miss the excitement from Vice City.

If they can combine the graphics of GTA4, the gameplay and stories of San Andreas/Vice City that would be an awesome game. Yes, I know it's a lot to ask ... lol

I loved San Andreas because of the 3 different cities and the massive space in between. No more Liberty city! It's just boring and depressing really. I miss the excitement from Vice City.

If they can combine the graphics of GTA4, the gameplay and stories of San Andreas/Vice City that would be an awesome game. Yes, I know it's a lot to ask ... lol

This.

I really want to see GTA V take place in San Andreas with a decent storyline. I liked how the stories of 3, VC and SA were intertwined, but I hated the poor and isolated story of GTA IV.

Grand Theft Auto series

fictional chronology

GTA era

1961 ? London, 1961

1969 ? London, 1969

1997 ? Grand Theft Auto

GTA 2 era

2013 ? Grand Theft Auto 2

GTA III era

1984 ? Vice City Stories

1986 ? Vice City

1992 ? San Andreas