not for a few years!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,669 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:01

Idea has been around for years and in a few movies as well. But if Apple is the first to come out with something to market, they will patent the hell out of it and claim they invented it.

#17 OP ccoltmanm

ccoltmanm

Neowinian Senior

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:12

Idea has been around for years and in a few movies as well. But if Apple is the first to come out with something to market, they will patent the hell out of it and claim they invented it.

I did acknowledge that it's been around for a while. And thanks for the drone like Apple claim they invented it response.

#18 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,669 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:15

I did acknowledge that it's been around for a while. And thanks for the drone like Apple claim they invented it response.

Nothing drone about it. Apple has done it many times and from the mouth of Mr. Jobs himself. Oh, and your quite welcome. :)

#19 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,486 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 14:02

I think 2015 is a bit soon to expect something like that. While there are already prototype flexible displays, you're missing the flexible hardware, batteries, cameras, microphones, speakers, etc.

Then less than 24 hours later, I see this. :p

http://www.neowin.ne...-concept-phone/

#20 kInG aLeXo

kInG aLeXo

Neowinian

• 705 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:57

I think the real big next super Apple product will be: iRobot
Seriously, I find it quite weird that robots until now are mainly used in the industry only.If Apple or some other company can make aa robot in the right way they maybe be a real game changer.

#21 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:15

i think every single company and person that has a patent on something clames they invented it... that i think is the purpose fo the patent in the first place. to protect ones invention.

the comment of

But if Apple is the first to come out with something to market, they will patent the hell out of it and claim they invented it

if the US awarded them the patent then they obviously proved the no prior use part of the process.

example ( Who Envented The Telephone : http://en.wikipedia....one#Controversy )

OnTopic: so far the rumors of a of a TV set,, its likely as that is pretty much the only aera they havent a hand in yet ( except the small AppleTV units.) but the true Apple TV will more then likely be a diffrently designed Sony Bravia with the Current AppleTV box soldered into the set.

other thent hat i dont think there is anything else other then transportation stuff, or toasters/microwaves/fridges

#22 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,261 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 00:37

My assumption, Apple will release flexible paper like interfaces before 2015. I believe this is the next step. I understand that this technology exists on very small prototype devices, but I mean they will create and market it to the masses. I'm talking about a Kindle/iPad size device that is flexible like paper. Perhaps not fold-able, but close.

And Nokia beat them to it...

#23 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 7,651 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 00:43

I'm guessing they will dabble in the TV market for a bit and then maybe look into the car interface industry. That's a big area that everybody has failed at so far.

#24 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 00:56

Harry Potter comes to mind...

Glassed Silver:mac

#25 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:01

they do have a TV in the works, its even in the Steve Jobs Bio that just came out. gizmodo is reporting that it will have SIRI. so a TV regardless of what it has is a given unless they scrap it.

car interfaces is questionable though. its not in your face enough for it to matter i think

I'm guessing they will dabble in the TV market for a bit and then maybe look into the car interface industry. That's a big area that everybody has failed at so far.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!