WMC fans: Windows Media Centre is back!

According to canouna, the latest build he has is 8141.0.winmain.111021

image_59.jpg

There are quite a number of changes, like Metro apps zooming, changeable metro background color, etc.

The good news for users who missed WMC, it is now available again, so it would most probably be in the beta.

image_63.jpg

image_64.jpg

It is great to see WMC back especially there were rumours of MSFT removing it from the next Windows version.

Did I miss something? Isn't this in Windows 7? Or only select versions like it was in Vista?

It wasn't in the developer preview, so some people assumed that Microsoft was killing it off for whatever reason. (IE, people need to stop listening to rumors.)

so you have metro, desktop, and MCE??? isn't that overkill???? we need more interfaces...

Obviously wont be using them all at the sametime. People that real used WMC put it on a dedicated machine that looks like a dvd player in the living room. Sure it's on your normal laptop but does anyone actually use it then to play their music? I'd wish it could just be an app that I could run on X machine and connect that to the TV.

@remixedcat, Media Center is not just another interface. It is an app primarily for watching and recording TV on your PC and other multimedia tasks. And it has a full screen interface to do that.

I knew that but it's still different. and I never cared for it even on my HTPC downstairs... I just use the regular interface...

It doesn't have to be run full-screen. You can also run it as a resizable windowed app, something which Microsoft should allow also for the Metro style Start Screen.

It doesn't have to be run full-screen. You can also run it as a resizable windowed app, something which Microsoft should allow also for the Metro style Start Screen.

Now that's a brilliant idea!

I knew that but it's still different. and I never cared for it even on my HTPC downstairs... I just use the regular interface...

Wait, :o You are using mouse and keyboard from 10ft away pointing and clicking? :blink:

Wait, :o You are using mouse and keyboard from 10ft away pointing and clicking? :blink:

That's how I use my HTPC. Even my girlfriend uses the keyboard to watch.... Grey's and Glee on MPC-HC.

I might give WMC a try now you've reminded me of it. I've just always been an "explorer".

Yeah... that doesn't make any sense. Windows Media Center is great for watching TV. Besides, there is no other interface for viewing the tv guide and scheduling recordings.

wireless mouse+KB.... eeyup.

god that pic made my loose my appetite... with all the money he has he can make himself at least look decent. LMAO.

Why not? I do. It helps to have a 47" 1080p "monitor."