Hey so I put my 60GB Agility 3s in a RAID 0 setup and ran HDtune for kicks.... the results are very impressive.

System is running with an i5 2500k CPU and 8GB 1333 RAM.

What are some other fun tests I can run? I wish I could do a write test but my system is already setup and I dont' feel like messing around with it right now.

I should mention that without RAID 0. the minimum speed was the same, Maximum was less than half. average was about half.

post-116733-0-37072500-1319623063.png

i d like to know how much does your windows boot up?

from the moment the screen goes black and the windows logo appears until you can move the mouse.

It must be freaking fast

Very impressive speed :D. I was thinking about going RAID 0 If I was to get my second Agility 3 next month.

I'd also need to get my new AM3+ motherboard with SATA 6 Gb/s support... All on £400 a month! :p. Sucks being an apprentice

RAID 0 doesn't support trim. However OCZ offers garbage collection that is almost as effective as far as SSD life goes. the slowness prevented by trim is countered by garbage collection and if it isn't, I heard that RAID0 easily makes things fast enough to set things straight.

i d like to know how much does your windows boot up?

from the moment the screen goes black and the windows logo appears until you can move the mouse.

It must be freaking fast

about 10 seconds to hear the music and 12 seconds to move my mouse.

it doesn't bring performance improvement in real life. If you want to post screenshots on the forums it is great :)

I would get a Vertex 3 for that cash...

To sum up:

- higher cpu usage

- possibly no trim

- worse access time

- higher chance for data loss

it doesn't bring performance improvement in real life. If you want to post screenshots on the forums it is great :)

I would get a Vertex 3 for that cash...

To sum up:

- higher cpu usage

- possibly no trim

- worse access time

- higher chance for data loss

I know, I haven't felt any difference in performance. "for that cash?" I got 2x60gb drives for $55 each.

I don't see a difference in CPU usage so it's not very noticeable. no trim for now but garbage collection is doing the job. I don't know about access time but it's pretty damn quick as it is. Data loss is always a problem but I needed windows to see these drives as one big drive as 60GB wasn't going to cut it for me.

Although neoraptor is right, in this case I think capr did quite well.

You won't see much of an improvement over a single SSD is what the real world thing is about >.<

how on earth do you get those speeds? i have 2 agility 3 in raid0 and can only get ~600mb read

Your motherboard in your sig only has SATA 3Gb/s. So yeah for you 600Mb/s is about right :)

To achieve those speeds you'd need SATA 6Gb/s ports on your motherboard.

Yup I am assuming SATA 3 is the key. I have been wondering why there is such a big jump in speed difference at the 36gB mark on the graph. anyone know the answer of the top of their head?

probably because there is 36GB of data and that's more close to the real benchmark. Other is just the controller saying as fast as possible, "there is nothing here, go away"

Some people just have money to burn. But hey you must be happy.

Why? He got them cheap and ssd is the best thing to add if you want performance. Nowadays hdds are the real bottleneck of a pc.

You need SATA 6Gb/s :)

Your motherboard in your sig only has SATA 3Gb/s. So yeah for you 600Mb/s is about right :)

To achieve those speeds you'd need SATA 6Gb/s ports on your motherboard.

actually my motherboard does have sata 3, but its in the form of GSATA, i think the issue is because the raid controller is really really crappy