Recommendation: XB360 Headset

I searched around the forums, but couldn't find any specific topic. Just a quick question.

I'm looking to get a new headset for the 360, something nice, mainly for BF3, as I try to keep the volume down late sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Wireless-Digital-Headphone-Surround-360/dp/tags-on-product/B002KSPKRS

I was looking at those, and they hit the nail on the head basically.

Wireless, surround, all of what I am looking for.

I haven't been able to find any reviews really for them. Anyone here own them, or have heard anything about them.

Or just recommend something they think would work better, for a good price. 140$ is a bit steep for a pair of damn headphones.

ive recently gotten a turtle beach px3 headset just a bit more than what you were looking at but they are phenomenal i can use them for anything and i have several different audio streams inputted in to it and they do amazing with what ever i listen to

ive recently gotten a turtle beach px3 headset just a bit more than what you were looking at but they are phenomenal i can use them for anything and i have several different audio streams inputted in to it and they do amazing with what ever i listen to

The ones I linked were the TurtleBeach X41s, and they look pretty good.

They are 140$ and the PX3s are also 140$ as I can see. Do the PX3s work with XB360, and can you tell me anymore specifics about them, possibly?

The Turtle Beach DX11's are god like. I love mine, the sound is just awesome. I can definitely recommend them. They're a bit pricy though.

The Turtle Beach DX11's are god like. I love mine, the sound is just awesome. I can definitely recommend them. They're a bit pricy though.

I agree. You can get the normal X11s, which only have stereo sound, for less than half the price, but the surround sound encoder (is what the D stands for) is absolute win and worth the extra money. Great quality sound and gives huge advantage in multiplayer shooters.

The ones I linked were the TurtleBeach X41s, and they look pretty good.

They are 140$ and the PX3s are also 140$ as I can see. Do the PX3s work with XB360, and can you tell me anymore specifics about them, possibly?

yeah the px3s work with pc, ps3, and 360. they also have a line in so you could plug in an mp3/iPod or anything else you wanted. the set up for 360 if you want to use hdmi is a little odd cus you either have to get an adapter or modify your regular cable plug in (which i chose to do that). they are also wireless but for 360 chat you have to plug them in to the controller with a cable that is provided . they also are rechargeable so theres no need for getting batteries all the time.

Ive got the X41s and they are a good choice. They do burn through batteries pretty quickly and there is a very short warning before the die which is annoying and the other caveat is that sometimes they get interference with my wifi setup...meaning if there is heavy wireless activity on my network the speakers will "pop" which is annoy gin but only happens sparingly.

Otherwise, I love mine, great audio pickup, easy to detect directional noises and couldn't be happier. Well worth the price IMHO.

I use Turtle Beach X11 and have no complaints. Excellent sound, I often use them on my PC to listen to music and there is good quality across the range. Only downside is they are wired but for the price they are incredible.

Thanks for the input, guys. After consideration, I think I'm going to go with the PX3s. Being able to work all around sounds pretty awesome. Now just to convince myself to drop $140 on some headsets. :yes:

I recently bought the Razer Chimaera 5.1 headset and it's working well. The deciding factor for these over the Turtle Beach XP500 was the charging stand. The only problem I have is wifi interference causing audio to cut out for a split second every once in awhile. If you haven't purchased a headset yet take a look at them.

• 3 weeks later...