Your Top 3 Ways to Save Battery

Your top three ways to save your battery life.

Doesn't matter if someone else has posted it.

MIne:

1) Turning off features (Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile internet) when not in use.

2) Turn down brightness (mine is set very low).

3) Don't use it for excessive video watching or gaming.

Having mobile internet enabled (3G) shouldn't use any extra battery than not. Switching to 2G of-course should save power but not so much anymore as it's the same chipset that handles it. The chip just switch between features, it's not like before where they were seperate chips so turning off 2G would turn off the 3G chip.

However, not using mobile internets (much) and having the screen on long time (biggest battery drain) should suffice. :)

For some phones, it may be better to use WiFi for data instead of the carrier network (e.g. BlackBerry Bold 9900).

You can get Apps to downclock the processor in standby, that's a real saver.

FYI - most newer phones go into deep sleep mode when in standby - this is basically CPU off mode. Using SetCPU to lock the CPU at 100Mhz or will cause the CPU to constantly refresh it's state when it try to sleep. It'll try to deep sleep then SetCPU will wake it back up shooting it to max, then it drop back down to say 100mhz then after a while tries to deep sleep again and therefore starts the cycle over again.

Screen visibility in daylight is already pretty low for mine, I have to leave brightness to maximum, so the number one battery saver doesn't do it for me. Other than that I turn on various radios only when necessary. I have set Task Manager to start killing stuff 10 minutes after screen goes off but I'm unsure if it helps anything.

I'm strongly against things like "don't use for something". I bought the device for a full price, no contract, and I intend to use it to it's maximum capabilities. I've also got a spare battery with me when I think it may be needed.

The display brightness is the biggest consumer of battery life. So brightness level can be reduced as per one's convenience. Turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi also help.

Use back themes, downclock, dont have apps using data constantly

my Galaxy S II X lasts 2 days w/o a charge easy

I use golauncher with a dark theme, goSMS with a dark theme, trillian which is dark, low screen timeout

Windows Phone 7 has a battery saver mode when your battery reaches 10% or something near that. During that mode, your wifi, bluetooth and GPS are switched off, no background apps/tasks execute and no automatic email/account syncing takes in place!

(Y)

Windows Phone 7 has a battery saver mode when your battery reaches 10% or something near that. During that mode, your wifi, bluetooth and GPS are switched off, no background apps/tasks execute and no automatic email/account syncing takes in place!

:shifty:

Your top three ways to save your battery life.

Doesn't matter if someone else has posted it.

MIne:

1) Turning off features (Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile internet) when not in use.

2) Turn down brightness (mine is set very low).

3) Don't use it for excessive video watching or gaming.

Um is it suppose to be obvious things or tricks?

So when it reaches this, you cant switch it back on or execute background things? That sucks.

My tip: Download a third party ROM optimized for battery. I use CM7, with all the bells and whistles, and it works great.

1- When I go to sleep, airplane mode, wont use 1% during the night.

2- Brightness - set it low enough to see.

3- Set your accounts to fetch data every 30 min instead of pushing it to the phone.

I get easily 2-3 days straight on a charge.

My galaxy II has that to

My SGS can do that too...

Use wireless networks to track location turned off. I notice a huge difference when I have that turned on and off. I do all the naughty things like 3G on, Live Wallpapers, WiFi etc etc. I can get 2 days battery out of my SGSII with all that though