My future book purchases will be...

65 members have voted

1. 1. My future book purchases will be...

• ... on paper.
    • ... ebooks.
    • ... audio books.
    • I'm going to wait for the film(s).
    • What are these books you speak of?

I will always go with paper books as long as they are available! It's the physicalness of it that I like, actually being able to hold something and the feel of the paper.

I prefer real books. I found it hard to read on tablets or screen + paper books are more comfortable for me. And i like the feel of paper then plastic or metal surface.

twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! twilight saga! /sarcasm

Oh wait. you're referring to the medium per se, doh!

edit: ebooks themselves are nice to read on tables, phones and devices... however pdfs of books are an pain in the ass to read...

Big fan of the Kindle, and before that used a couple PDA's, haven't bought a physical book in years. Super convenient and takes a lot less room as I no longer need to store a bajillion books.

I am a lover of Audiobooks, but you still can't beat a proper book. I like having a full bookcase.. xD

I can see myself making the move to eBooks in the future. I'll likely miss the traditional feeling of paper as a result of that but there are plenty of positives to eBooks. I want a Kindle, but I also want to know if there are any decent competitors that would work with the Kindle Store and other options. Since there are things like Project Gutenberg it's much cheaper to find classic books that would otherwise cost money.

I love the idea of having a full bookcase of stuff, but I now have that anyway, and I don't want to have to work out how to fit more books into my room. There are some books I own that I want released as eBooks, and I want the technology to be refined further, but I definitely think I will be making the switch. If only Amazon would let you actually download books you already owned. It's a bad idea when you think about their profit margins but I'd love it. :p

I only buy for kindle anymore. Though I bought REAMDE in paperback since I got a chance for Neil Stephenson to sign it.

Hes my hero. <3

i couldn't vote as i take a blended approach.

Waterstones sometimes have 3 for 2 deals which i take advantage off, i love the physical nature of books so for collectable books or authors im a fan off i will purchase a book, for example the steve jobs biography i brought the book itself.

However saying that i own a kindle and do like the connivence of using the kindle, it allows me to take a stack of books with me everywhere, it's easy to purchase new books and it's a nice lightweight device and thats very easy to use when i commute to work via the train.

I think the poll is a really good indicator of peoples attitudes with e-books, when i say they ought to get a kindle i hear how they like physical books etc, but i don't see any reason why you can't have both.

I think the poll is a really good indicator of peoples attitudes with e-books, when i say they ought to get a kindle i hear how they like physical books etc, but i don't see any reason why you can't have both.

My main issue with physical books is their condition. I am really OCD about the condition of my books, to the point where I dislike creases on the spine and such. With a Kindle there'd be no damage possible to the actual book. Maybe I'm strange in that sense, though. :p

I read on my tablet for convenience, but a physical book just feels better. Nothing like cracking open a good book as the light papery smell hits you and your fingers glide down the textured paper. I do most of my reading on tablets nowadays. It's great for technical books also because you can bookmark things and of course don't have to lug around books that are hundreds of pages long.

As for purchases, I go purchase the physical book and take the half-moral road when available and download a soft copy of the book for my tablet. Who pays for the same thing twice, right? RIGHT?! :(

My main issue with physical books is their condition. I am really OCD about the condition of my books, to the point where I dislike creases on the spine and such. With a Kindle there'd be no damage possible to the actual book. Maybe I'm strange in that sense, though. :p

Weirdo :D

I started reading back in 1956 at the age of ten, and have since gather togethered a large library. Just a couple of months ago I donated the entire collection (758 books) to the local library. The reason being is a year an half ago I purchased a Kindle and found out how much nicer it was reading something where I could change the text size to suite me. Also back in May I picked up an iPad, thus finding out it worked really good with PDF format (ugh, thank you Calibre).

Mostly e-books, especially for my IT reference materials. It's just so amazingly convenient to have an entire reference library in my pocket. But some types of reading material, especially manga, I still prefer good old paper.