EA estimates 5 million copies of Battlefield 3 sold, says stability issues

EA estimates 5 million copies of Battlefield 3 sold, says stability issues solved

Last week's Battlefield 3 launch had its high and low points, with sky-high consumer interest, but stability issues plaguing many players. EA has announced that the game has sold an estimated 5 million copies worldwide in its first week of availability. That's a big success by any metric, although we're curious about the split in sales between the console and PC versions of the game.

In addition, EA is claiming that the issues with the game's stability have been largely solved. "We are happy to report that we had a great weekend with server stability at roughly 98.9 percent. While some players experienced intermittent outages of online services due to high volume, internal estimates show that servers and service stabilized, ensuring that players were connected and enjoying the game," the company told Ars. "With a commitment to support the game as a software service, EA is listening to consumer feedback and is making daily updates and improvements to ensure an optimal online experience for all."

The demand for the game exceeded the company's "best expectations" coming out of the beta, and EA notes that they're finding new ways to "optimize and improve" the game's performance now that the system is operating under a full load.

I've been playing every night since launch for at least an hour, and the stability certainly seems to have been improved greatly. We're interested in your experiences as well. The game is now a bonafide hit, and with the Back to Karkand expansion releasing in December, the game is sure to have legs going into the holiday season.

Source: Ars Technica

BF3 on PC on Ultra settings is just awesome guys. Get it :)

Although that would be the best way to play it, the game is pretty fun on consoles too.

Anyway, I read another article that it shipped over 10 million units globally. Hopefully that will turn into 10 million sales within the next 6 months.

Although that would be the best way to play it, the game is pretty fun on consoles too.

Anyway, I read another article that it shipped over 10 million units globally. Hopefully that will turn into 10 million sales within the next 6 months.

No doubt it is, but the Xbox 360 and PS3 just cannot come close to the graphical quality of the game on PC with Ultra settings. The graphical quality is just stunning, it's kinda hard to put into words how good I think it is :)

i loved reading about how people "Received standard keys in BF3 Limited Edition packaging", and when trying to sort this out with EA on-line chat people, there response was "Not our fault, or our problem". in the end EA fixed the issue with giving out new LE keys, but from i have read it wasn't the easiest thing to get!

No doubt it is, but the Xbox 360 and PS3 just cannot come close to the graphical quality of the game on PC with Ultra settings. The graphical quality is just stunning, it's kinda hard to put into words how good I think it is :)

QFT.

This is good news if EA can back up their words.

The game is really amazing. I wasn't able to fully max out on ultra (had to lower a few) but the game is still breathtaking. I wasn't planning to get the LE version but I wandered into Game Stop last week and picked up the LE DVD. I am pretty happy :)

While I got this on ps3, and am amazed with how it looks console wise, I'm eagerly awaiting my friend bringing his PC over to hook up to my 55" HD TV to see it on ultra settings on such a awesome TV :)

I sacrificed my PC budget on my Home Theater Budget... was worth it I think :p