7 billion people and you: What's your number?

You were the 4,996,698,520th person

United Kingdom

Your country's population is 62,035,570

Average life expectancy is 77.4 years

What's next? The global population will continue to increase during your lifetime, reaching 10 billion by 2083. However, the rate of growth is expected to slow. Little of the current growth is happening in developed countries like yours.

Young people: The world's population is young, like you. Under-25s make up 43% of the global population, but they make up 60% of the world's least-developed countries. Some 97 out of every 100 new births are in countries classified as less developed than yours.

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.

Did you know? People in your area have, on average, more than one mobile phone subscription per person.

309 people

the amount the population has grown while you've been on this site

One of the little trivia points that it showed me at the end was that the average family size has declined by half since 1950 (from 5 to 2.5, which I'm assuming is the number of children, not the whole family). Surely, given that info, the population should be leveling out instead of continuing to rise at such a steep rate?

When you were born, you were the:2,951,437,281stperson alive on Earth76,525,504,215thperson to have lived since history began

Cripe! You 3 posters above me must be kids!! ;)

Still wet behind the ears even!!

When you were born, you were the:

4,789,628,306th person alive on Earth.

Your country's population is 34,016,593

Average life expectancy is 78.2 years