New app drawer icon

Microphone (voice command) button in search menu

Star rating chart on app pages

Minor UI tweaks

Download

http://www.mediafire...p42p8q09trdv8v3

Source:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1329262

Installed this on my ASUS Transformer, works fine although a bit glitchy in places, Honeycomb version is to be released soon, but you can still use this one if you like.

At last, update over Wifi only. How this feature wasn't one of the first to be ever thought of I don't know. Some people have been charged $100's for updating Google maps whilst on location.

How do I manually update this? I remember doing something like manually moving files in the past through Root Explorer. I ask as when I try to update the market place app, it says "Install not successful".

My device is the SGS2 with the touchwiz if that helps :).

You need to be rooted then you can just manually rename the old one then put this one as Vending.apk and that's that. Might have to do some permissions but that should be it.

system/APP/vending.apk

change the filename to vending.apk and put it in the location above.

change the permissions on the file to the following

Owner/ Read Write

Group/ Read

Others/ Read

Nothing else should be checked.

clear the app cache (or reboot the device) and you will have access to the new version

system/APP/vending.apk

change the filename to vending.apk and put it in the location above.

change the permissions on the file to the following

Owner/ Read Write

Group/ Read

Others/ Read

Nothing else should be checked.

clear the app cache (or reboot the device) and you will have access to the new version

Great, thanks very much :D

Or if you are like me and are not rooted, you can just install it like any other .apk, only you will be left with 2 markets, I just make a shortcut to the new one on the homescreen.

Or if you are like me and are not rooted, you can just install it like any other .apk, only you will be left with 2 markets, I just make a shortcut to the new one on the homescreen.

Does not always work though, sometimes it will fail the installation.

You need to be rooted then you can just manually rename the old one then put this one as Vending.apk and that's that. Might have to do some permissions but that should be it.

Just download and run it to install like any other apk. You shouldn't have to do the manual replacing, which is more likely to screw up your phone as it has happened to me before.

Just download and run it to install like any other apk. If you rooted properly, you shouldn't have to do the manual replacing, which is more likely to screw up your phone as it has happened to me before.

As pointed out sometimes it fails for whatever reason and wont install that way. In those cases the only way to install is to either flash it or rename thing.

Does not always work though, sometimes it will fail the installation.

Yea I found with some they don't like it, but in this case it upgraded 3.1.5 and left stock alone

Just download and run it to install like any other apk. You shouldn't have to do the manual replacing, which is more likely to screw up your phone as it has happened to me before.

only messes up the phone if you miss the permissions part.

NO YOU DON'T NEED TO BE ROOTED. Just install it.

I'm rooted. I just install the file like normal. If I like it, after a few days I go into Titanium Batch mode and integrate it into the ROM. Very simple, no mess ups. In fact, when there is an update for Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube, etc. I go through Titanium to integrate it into the ROM.

I have an HTC Panache. I download the APK to a folder on my SD Card, run it, and it just replaces it, with no need to rename. BTW, my phone IS NOT rooted in any way.