Apple Admits Problem with iPhone 4S Battery

Apple to release iOS 5 update to address iPhone 4S battery life issues

Apple is set to release an update for its latest operating system iOS 5 after receiving thousands of complaints from customers upset at the poor battery life experienced with the recently-launched iPhone 4S.

The California company admitted bugs had been found within the new operating system and said action would be taken in the coming weeks.

A statement from Apple declared: ?A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.?

The iPhone 4S sold in record numbers upon its release on October 14, with four million phones reportedly sold in its first three days on sale. However, users soon began complaining the handset?s battery drained by as much as 15 per cent every hour, even if the phone wasn?t being used.

The iPhone 4S initially received a rather lukewarm reaction when unveiled by Apple CEO Tim Cook at the start of last month, with Apple fans desperate for an iPhone 5 with significant improvements on the hugely popular 4.

Despite the indifference, the phone continues to sell at a considerable rate and is expected to be one of the must-have gadgets this Christmas.

Source - Metro

Ill admit i dont have a iPhone, bu i always had battery issus whenever their abomination of Ping was enabled. Wonder if this means they are fixing it as its an update rather then a hardware change

This is a much non sense, and misleading subject like been said. Its clearly a 'running processes' problem. Actively tasks running over and over in backgroud without need.

Its a software bug in iOS 5 preparation, its the way i see it and the way i read. People have diverged the bug, manually shutting down process in Settings Menu..but i think its a deeper bug, only iOS programers will solve.

Its a mistake, i read before Apple invested millions on top notch testing facilities for what....its a bit amateurish these kind of release bugs.