Google Chrome 17.0.xxx.yy

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.928.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains the following updates:

All

• Updated V8 - 3.6.6.3
  • Prompt the user if they want to cancel downloads occurring when the last Incognito Window of a profile is closed.
  • Panels are enabled by default (extensions-only, ?Tasky? in Web Store is one example)
  • Adjustable margins supported in Print Preview.
  • Mouse Lock ?Allow? permission (given via a prompt) is now saved in content settings per domain.

Linux

• Fix the multi-profile selection bubble when using a chrome-theme [r107495]
  • Optimization work to make the GTK+ tabstrip do less redundant painting. Please report any regressions, especially with complex themes. [issue: 100803]

Known Issues

• NaCl will not run on Windows
  • Indexed Database: IDBDatabase.transaction() - passing [] as first argument is no longer supported per specification [issue: 99690]
  • Indexed Database: Databases will fail to load previously created object stores [issue: 102537].

Full details about what changes are in this build are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Dharani Govindan

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

Still waiting for the auto remove of the download bar and a "open" or "save as" dialog box like Internet Explorer.

the New Downloads UI in about:flags will get rid of the download bar.

and under Options/Downloads set Ask where to save each file before downloading, and it will give an "open" or "save as" dialogue box like Internet Explorer.

I am hoping they add 3.7 v8 JS engine in C17 since it contains new Garbage Collector (little tweaked Incremental Garbage Collector), it will be great for memory conscious guys.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.932.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains the following updates:

All

• Fixed possible hang when using the GPU (Issue: 102214).

Windows

• Fixed a bug causing the missing plug-in infobar (?An additional plug-in is required??) to wrongly appear (Issue: 101821)
  • Stopped search engine dialog from appearing even when not changed.
  • NaCl working again on Win64.

Known Issues

• In some cases, clicking the ?Install plug-in? button on the missing plug-in infobar does nothing (Issue: 103216). A workaround is to click on the plug-in placeholder on the page instead.

Full details about what changes are in this build are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Dharani Govindan

Google Chrome

Chromium 17 got v8 3.7.4... Sweet!!

More ECMA 5.1 support, New Garbage Collector and on all platform speedups.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.938.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains the following updates:

• Updated V8 - 3.7.6.0. This release includes the new garbage collector.
  • Windows: Fixed a bug where the missing plug-in infobar would not do anything (issue 103216).

Dharani Govindan

Google Chrome

Still waiting for the auto remove of the download bar and a "open" or "save as" dialog box like Internet Explorer.

Ctrl+O, Ctrl+S. The dialog boxes are there and even use IE's shortcuts. The menu items aren't though, but this is pretty rare commands to spend precious menu space on, and a keyboard is faster anyway.

Edit: Oh, maybe this was about the download manager! Haha.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.942.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains the following updates:

All

• Updated V8 - 3.7.7.0.
  • Fixed New Tab page apps re-ordering issue.
  • Policy support for disabling the Cloud Print Connector has been added.

Windows

• Fixed an issue where Chrome app windows would hang. [r110239]

Known Issues

• Crash when notification occurs [issue: 103427]

Dharani Govindan

Google Chrome

• 3 weeks later...

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.963.0 for all platforms. This release has the following updates:

All Platforms

• Updated V8 - 3.7.12.6
  • r113121 Omnibox suggestions will now be prerendered if our confidence of the user following the suggestion is high.
  • Support for <meta name=?referrer?>
  • Content Settings (in Options, Under the Hood) now has UI for ?Mouse Cursor?, which controls the Mouse Lock API permissions.
  • r110556 Fixed a renderer crash that could happen when opening a new tab with many tabs open.
  • WebKit Issue 73056 - Small fix for BiDi selection.
  • WebKit Issue 63903 - Fixed WebKit's implementation of bdo, bdi, and output elements to match HTML5 spec section 10.3.5.

Windows

• r111156 - Desktop shortcuts will be created for each user account, to launch Chrome with that account active.

Mac

• The PDF viewer now renders nicer looking text.
  • r111426 - Plugins using the Core Animation rendering model are now rendered through Chrome?s compositor rather than directly to the screen. This should have no user visible side effects; please file bugs and cc: kbr@chromium.org if any unexpected issues are seen with plugin rendering on Mac.

Known Issues

• Extension/App/Themes installs on Linux/ChromeOS are currently not working. This includes sync-driven installs. (Bug 106599)

Full details about what changes are in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching to a different release channel? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.963.2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This release contains stability and feature improvement. Full details about what changes are in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching to a different release channel? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

is that just me or chrome always reopen last session since last update?

all through i never checked that option :/

as well it can't seams to renumber most visited website :s

a weird bug with new tabs being blank or random colours filling the space is coming up....

i just noticed that as well

is that just me or chrome always reopen last session since last update?

all through i never checked that option :/

as well it can't seams to renumber most visited website :s

i just noticed that as well

same here, previous tabs open and visual glitches continue. My bookmarks also went krazy and 2 got duplicated like 20 times in one folder, dunno what's going on here.....

The Canary build version number went up to 18 today. It's only a matter of time now until 16 enters stable and 17 is promoted to the beta channel.

post-1302-0-29502700-1323717018.png

My chrome refuses to start on the new tab homepage, it keeps restoring my lab open tabs on a fresh startup. I have that option off as well. Guess it's a bug in the latest dev version.

My chrome refuses to start on the new tab homepage, it keeps restoring my lab open tabs on a fresh startup. I have that option off as well. Guess it's a bug in the latest dev version.

Yes indeed same issue here.

yup same here, and another seems to be loading tabs go blank when they are selected... that and black long block, blue fullscreens on tabs. Dunno what's going on here :/