Photo

Which Phone Would You Choose?

android samsung google nexus galaxy s2 prime

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Phone Would You Choose?

Which Phone Would You Choose?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Killer_Z

Killer_Z

Neowinian

Posted 07 November 2011 - 22:13

Same price: Galaxy Nexus. But they won't cost the same; that's why I bought a Galaxy S2 a month ago for €399. The Nexus'll price aroud €599 here (maybe even 649 immediatly after the release).

#32 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 November 2011 - 00:46

Galaxy Nexus between the two. It's penta-band, and my carrier is AWS only.

#33 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:22

I guess if I was an Android user, it'd be the Nexus Prime for me.

Glassed Silver:mac

#34 UndergroundWire

UndergroundWire

The One and Only

• OS: Windows 7 Ulltimate, Android OS (Gingerbread, Honeycomb & Ice Cream Sandwich), iOS 5

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:58

Too easy. SGN

#35 Valcrist

Valcrist

Neowinian

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:45

Galaxy S2 for the many reasons listed here already. *Full disclosure I own a Galaxy S2*

-Better Camera- -Arguably Better Screen- -Expandable Memory beyond the built-in 16GB- -About 20g lighter- -Better Processor-

#36 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 November 2011 - 15:59

Galaxy Nexus just because it doesn't have the garbage they call Touchwiz. Plus, the "Google-branded" phones get updated with the latest and greatest.

You can change the launcher. If you hate TW that much you can always install a custom ROM.

I'd go for the Galaxy Nexus. 16GB (or 32) of onboard storage negates the need for SD cards and it has a 720p screen. Plus its a Google Phone, meaning its practically guaranteed to be have timely updates.

Maybe you don't need/want external SD support but I do. Even if the phone came with 64 gee bees that would still not be enough. I like to have my pics, videos and apps on the phone storage whilst my
music and other data on my external card. For that reason alone I'd pick the SGS2. Rumor is that the SGS2 will get ICS (official) but even if it doesn't, the dev community is HUGE for the GS2 and they've already ported
it to the phone.

#37 alphaomegainfinity

alphaomegainfinity

Nebulous Matter

• Phone: Galaxy S II

Posted 10 November 2011 - 17:40

The Galaxy Nexus seems like the spiritual successor of the Nexus S. Moreover it will be running stock ICS I guess. However once ICS comes to the Galaxy S II, it will be a very tough competitor to beat.

#38 Bruno1986

Bruno1986

Neowinian

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:51

Nexus can get the newest ROM from Google!

#39 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:58

Nexus can get the newest ROM from Google!

And this is why I will only buy Nexus phones from here on out, I know Google will guarantee 18 months of updates and not fudge the numbers to exclude some devices like the manufacturers will do

#40 ultimate99

ultimate99

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 December 2011 - 15:24

So, any opinions changed since then?

#41 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 03 December 2011 - 21:06

My girlfriend has the S2 and my mate has the nexus.
Nexus wins hands down. That is all.

and I'm completely objective cause I'm an iPhone man.

#42 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 03 December 2011 - 21:23

I own a Galaxy S, and it has gorilla glass....needless to say, it's worth it....not a scratch on my phone, minus the plastic pieces that surround my display....of course, those have scratches....but I dropped my phone on the ground from a 4 foot drop.....when it hit the ground, not a blemish, besides the plastic pieces....gorilla glass FTW (and here I sound like a hero/villian from DCUO, lol!) Gorilla glass FTW, because if it weren't for it, I'd be prettymuch dead by now.....as I cannot pay the insurance, and I've already been told....it's a part of a family plan....however, it's the perfect phone for me right now, as I've had clam-style, slide-out-keyboard style...and this one has been the <gasp> only one </gasp> that has lasted the longest.

#43 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 06 December 2011 - 00:17

If you were considering a SGS2, then there is no reason not to get the Nexus now that it is available (at least through some distributors). While SGS2 will also get the Android 4.0 ICS update within the next few weeks, Nexus will be support far longer by google compared to any other phone that relies on the OEM to release the update. So in the end, you get a phone that has a longer lifespan while remaining current. But of course, you can always move to CyanogenMod once support ends to keep the phone up to date.

#44 Andrmgic

Andrmgic

Neowinian

Posted 06 December 2011 - 00:43

I've had both.. and I prefer the Galaxy Nexus. It feels better in my hand and I prefer the look of the screen. At 1280x720, the pentile effect is not noticeable to me. The SGS II will get Ice Cream Sandwich, but in this case the AOSP experience is especially great.

Going from a pure specs perspective, the SGS II has the edge in every area except for the screen, but the curvature of the nexus makes it more comfortable in the hand and to me it feels sturdier than the SGS II. The audio hardware is also better than the SGS II, and of course it is a google experience device.. so it has no manufacturer or carrier crapware (except on verizon).

Basically, if you: a) need expandable storage b) find pentile to be extremely jarring and noticeable c)don't care about having the stock android experience then I'd get the SGS II

For me, I'd much rather use the nexus.. because I don't care about storage.. and I can use USB Host to use a hdd or flash drive if I need more room for media content, I prefer the curved shape of the device and clean front, leaving only the 720p display of the nexus to look at. Imho, it is gorgeous. I hate manufacturer crapware and I get annoyed when I have to wait forever for updates to the OS.

#45 c3ntury

c3ntury

Say whaa?

Posted 06 December 2011 - 20:30

Nexus Prime. That is all.