Justin Bieber sexual tryst may be investigated

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? A woman who claims Justin Bieber fathered her baby in a backstage bathroom could be investigated for having sex with a minor because the singer was 16 at the time.

While no crime has been reported, Los Angeles police Cmdr. Andrew Smith told The Associated Press on Thursday that the department could investigate after Mariah Yeater filed the paternity suit against the teen heartthrob in San Diego Superior Court.

"If it's brought to our attention, of course we'll look into it," Smith said.

Yeater had just turned 19 when she says she and Bieber, then 16, had a brief sexual encounter after one of the singer's concerts at Staples Center. She said she gave birth to a boy in July and believes Bieber is the father because there were no other possible men she had sex with at that time.

She is asking a judge for child support and a paternity test. A hearing is scheduled for Dec. 15.

Bieber's camp has denied he is the child's father.

It's illegal in California to have sex with someone under age 18. If the other person is not more than three years older, it is a misdemeanor, which carries up to a one-year jail sentence.

"The issue of statutory rape, even if she's guilty, hypothetically, that has no bearing on the duties to provide child support," said one of Yeater's lawyers.

more

This area is reserved for non-technical discussion and light hearted news.

Moved to Real World News

Justin Beiber is a media personality but this isn't about his media ;)

The way I see it, if they are going to do this they have to prove she had sex with bieber so he will have to have a paternity test to get a conviction.

Otherwise she wants a paternity test anyway to prove he is the father.

The only way out is for him to deny it, her to say she is lying, and then the whole thing getting dropped

Investigators will likely get warrants for DNA samples regardless as the state can prosecute even without an officially complaining witness once there is probable cause. Her flapping jaw gave them plenty.

Heres the deal,

She either A, Actually did have sex with him and he IS the father

or B, She did have sex with him, but hes not the father.

Either way, considering most people know about DNA testing it would be pretty foolish to have this claim. or shes just that stupid.

If she's related to Kim K. stupidity certainly can't be ruled out....

;)

And if she actually had sex with Justin Bieber, stupidity definitely can't be ruled out.

Nor can the possibility of her being a lesbian.

Jussayin'

• Like 1

The awful part of all this is, it damages the Justin-is-gay rumors. :laugh:

While giving the Bieber-haters more ammo. (It was bad enough he's been a heart-throb among the preteen and tween set - now he's after the girlfriends and even the mothers?)

The awful part of all this is, it damages the Justin-is-gay rumors. :laugh:

According to her, it was Justin's first sex experience (which lasted 30 seconds). I assume that after such an experience Justin turned gay :-)

I just have the feeling that this girl is out for money only, and she's hoping that he will pay her off to shut up... I've seen people ask for DNA testing just to get a settlement to keep them quiet even though they know they had nothing to do with the kid... too many gold diggers out there

so if they rule that it was statutory rape(if the paternity says its his) does that mean she automatically does not get child support?

It's illegal in California to have sex with someone under age 18. If the other person is not more than three years older, it is a misdemeanor, which carries up to a one-year jail sentence.

Wait, what?

In an interview on the "Today" show Friday, Justin Bieber says he's never met Mariah Yeater, the 20-year-old California woman who claims he's the father of her three-month-old son.

In a paternity lawsuit, the woman reportedly claims that she and Bieber had sex backstage at one of his L.A. concerts in October of 2010, and she's requesting the 17-year-old star take a DNA test to "scientifically confirm" that he's the father. She's also asking the court to help her secure child support.

"None of those allegations are true," Bieber said on "Today." "I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm not going to be a victim."

He added that after his concerts, "I've gone right from the stage right to my car, so it's crazy that some people want to make up false allegations. To set the record straight, none of it is true...[i've] never met the woman."

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/04/bieber-ive-never-met-woman-claiming-paternity/

Yeater had just turned 19 when she says she and Bieber, then 16, had a brief sexual encounter after one of the singer's concerts at Staples Center. She said she gave birth to a boy in July and believes Bieber is the father because there were no other possible men she had sex with at that time.

I'm canadian so sorry for my ignorance but can anyone tell me what is the problem with a 19 years old girl having sex with a 16 years old boy ?