Florida Student Suspended for Hugging

Humans are a lot of things, hunters, for example, yet it is illegal to hunt... wait for it... humans.

Despite this silly fact, it?s not illegal, it?s simply against the school?s rules, the same rules the parents voted FOR.

Retarded as it may be, they WANTED it, so there you go, have fun ;)

They said the rule was implemented years ago, and if it's an old school like the one I go to, that could mean decades or even half a century.

@The people saying people would make out in the corridors at their school: This is a middle school. Do 11-14 year olds in America seriously do that?

its too prevent unwanted hugs.... the younger you are, the more likley you are to not voice your opinion about unwanted attention....

and its clear- "was suspended as a result of his middle school's zero-tolerance no-hugging policy" and "School administrators said a committee of parents approved the "no hugging" policy years ago, and there aren't plans to change it any time soon."

I would vote for this kind of thing to for my kids school if it came to a vote.

@The people saying people would make out in the corridors at their school: This is a middle school. Do 11-14 year olds in America seriously do that?

Yes. Middle school kids have also been caught having sex in empty classrooms, janitors closets etc., and we had 10, 11 and 12 year old obstetrics patients all the time.

Still - there's a big difference between friendship and greeting hugs and making out.

I am and live in a very Puerto Rican town, if they ever implemented a retarded rule like this, 99% of the High Schoolers would be in detention after the first day, hugging is a huge part of our culture and can't be just turned off because some ass thinks it's inappropriate.

Jajajajaj, yeah pretty much all our school system would be suspended if these policies would be implemented in Puerto Rico.