phone OS to upgrade from gingerbread to honeycomb or ICS?

I am new to this entire android scene. I recently got a samsung galaxy s2 i9100 and It comes with android gingerbread.

Can this upgraded to honeycomb or ICS?

I know there is a similar looking topic in this very forum but I am asking generally.

I googled it and saw that only galaxy tab has the honeycomb OS. So I am a bit confused.

Gingerbread for phone only.

Honeycomb for tablets only.

ICS for tablets and phone.

So if update, it will be skipping honeycomb and immediately to ICS. Samsung promised to update your Galaxy S2 but its not out yet because google has not release the source of ICS i guess...

As tanjiajun_34 said, Honeycomb is only for tablets. The Galaxy S 2 will be upgraded to ICS eventually. I have one too and can't wait to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs over at XDA don't get it ported over first though. They are very close at the moment :D

I'm currently using MIUI 1.11.4 with an ICS theme, can't wait until it's officially/unofficially released though :)

I am new to this entire android scene. I recently got a samsung galaxy s2 i9100 and It comes with android gingerbread.

Can this upgraded to honeycomb or ICS?

I know there is a similar looking topic in this very forum but I am asking generally.

I googled it and saw that only galaxy tab has the honeycomb OS. So I am a bit confused.

The SGS2 will receive the ICS upgrade in 'early' 2012.