Preparing for Windows phone 7 NYC Event 7/11/2011

So that's where the half a billion dollars of funding for advertising went! :p You can tell this thing has been being made for awhile because some icons aren't Mango, just look at the IE icon. But then the Linked Inboxes is Mango. Oh well, still ****ing incredible. :yes:

How about actually using US formatting for the date when you are talking about an event that happens in the US? 7/11 in the US is generally read as July 11th, not November 7th.

How about actually using US formatting for the date when you are talking about an event that happens in the US? 7/11 in the US is generally read as July 11th, not November 7th.

How about not bitching about it when you understood it?

• Like 1

How about not bitching about it when you understood it?

Actually, when I first looked at the thread, I was wondering why someone was posting about something that happened several months ago. My point is that when posters are talking about a date, they should use the date formatting that is generally in use where the event is happening, or simply spell out the month if there is any chance of confusion.

Let's also all start using retarded measurement units to please you guys.

roomful.jpeg?w=500&h=375

• Like 1

Actually, when I first looked at the thread, I was wondering why someone was posting about something that happened several months ago. My point is that when posters are talking about a date, they should use the date formatting that is generally in use where the event is happening, or simply spell out the month if there is any chance of confusion.

Ok! Sorry about my previous post! I can understand your problem now. I thought you knew that the event is tomorrow and simply had a problem with the formatting. It's true that we could use a universal formatting around the world to avoid these problems.

Ok! Sorry about my previous post! I can understand your problem now. I thought you knew that the event is tomorrow and simply had a problem with the formatting. It's true that we could use a universal formatting around the world to avoid these problems.

We have one. Though no one uses it in practice or very few people know it exists.

ISO 8601 covers the International Date Format of YYYY-MM-DD so today would be 2011-11-05

See: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/iso-date

We have one. Though no one uses it in practice or very few people know it exists.

ISO 8601 covers the International Date Format of YYYY-MM-DD so today would be 2011-11-05

See: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/iso-date

Actually we use this formatting here in Hungary. To be precise, the date is 2011.11.06. here.

i would post it as you mention but i didn't know you write date backwards in us

we use simple date format day / month / year .

if you want ask an admin to edit the topic date

i would post it as you mention but i didn't know you write date backwards in us

I'm sure you've heard people talk about a little event known as 9/11, right? It happened on September 11th, not November 9th, so that should have been your first hint about how Americans format the date. It is consistent with how most people I've ever met (from pretty much anywhere in the world) actually say a date. How many people do you know that say today's date as 5 November instead of November 5th (still the 5th here)? Americans use the same formatting for the date when writing it as numbers as well.

UXR4w.jpg

Cool picture. That ladder helps to get a sense of scale in the picture. Damn, that thing is huge!

I'm sure you've heard people talk about a little event known as 9/11, right? It happened on September 11th, not November 9th, so that should have been your first hint about how Americans format the date. It is consistent with how most people I've ever met (from pretty much anywhere in the world) actually say a date. How many people do you know that say today's date as 5 November instead of November 5th (still the 5th here)? Americans use the same formatting for the date when writing it as numbers as well.

That is overly arrogant to assume that an event that matters to Americans is well known and matters to everyone else around the world. 9/11 isn't a big deal to non-Americans and there is no reason that they consider it as such.

Cool picture. That ladder helps to get a sense of scale in the picture. Damn, that thing is huge!

event ? why do you really want to make the date format a big deal ?

anyway back to the topic

looking forward to see that they are going to talk about in this event

• Like 1

So that's where the half a billion dollars of funding for advertising went! :p You can tell this thing has been being made for awhile because some icons aren't Mango, just look at the IE icon. But then the Linked Inboxes is Mango. Oh well, still ****ing incredible. :yes:

The IE icon in the image is the same as the IE icon on my phone running Mango.

The IE icon in the image is the same as the IE icon on my phone running Mango.

No it is not. The IE icon changed between WP7 and WP7 Mango. Compare the two images below, the IE icon was redesigned, and in these pictures of the event, the IE icon moreso represents the original IE icon, not the newer icon featured in Mango. ;)

WP7mediaplayer.jpgSamsung-Focus-S-4G.png