[Poll] Do You Use Live Wallpapers?

Live Wallpaper Usage  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use live wallpapers?

I've had my Galaxy S II for almost a month, and today is the first time I've set a live wallpaper and kept it on. The stock ones aren't that great, but I found the Digital Hive live wallpaper and it looks really slick. Not a lot of movement, very subtle, so it's not distracting, but looks really good. Just wondering what other android users are using.

Screenshot (I have it set to use a primary color, which is blue, and the battery percentage color as secondary)

post-178329-0-12034300-1320549397_thumb.

Digital Hive Free (No Options)

Digital Hive Paid (Has Options)

Live wallpapers are pretty cool, but the novelty wears off after a while. Most aren't that good, and once you put a lot of widgets and apps on your home screen(s), you can barely see your background anyways. Once that happens, the extra battery drain and their appeal wear thin.

Though I do like the one you showcased. It looks rather awesome. And the fact that you can customize it to be reflective of battery charge is pretty sweet.

Naa I don't use them, it kills the performance of the device, even with the Tegra 2 in my Transformer, most Live Wallpapers make it feel like a ?50 tablet

I never used one until I found this one that reminds me a lot of the old star field screensaver used in windows 95. I love that screen saver for some reason.

Yes. I'm using the "secret wallpaper" from the Galaxy S2 series (the windmills that changes depending on time of day and also weather).

I find it doesn't really drain much battery or kill performance.

I use them occasionally, depending on my mood (I actually really like the Nexus live wallpaper). I might try out the one in the OP, it looks really cool.

Don't really but I really liked the Nexus Live wallpaper. I don't worry about battery problems per say but for the hell of it i'll just use one today :D

Oh god no. Even my girlfriend (who's the technological equivalent of a dirty sock) figured out they drain her battery and slow her phone down too much, no matter how much fun a bubble-popping wallpaper is.

As others, I'd like to have them running, but they drain too much battery, so I just use really good looking static wallpapers :p

Nope. I tend to use transparency settings on my widgets and live wallpaper behind them is just distracting. As others have said, the battery drain and performance hit is just not worth the novelty, for me anyway.

Yes, I use them all the time. I've noticed you do have to be careful which Live wallpapers to use. Some of them do drain the battery a bit but some of them don't.

I do not use them personally, drains my already stressed out battery just a little bit more than I like. Plus, it's not like I sit staring at my homescreen anyway, as usually it's just a quick glimpse for the time or whatever, or to use apps of course. :)

I did when I first got my phone, but the novelty wore off fast. Now I just see them as pointless battery drains and stick with static images.

I've kept the digital hive live wallpaper on for the last couple of days now and so far I haven't noticed any excessive battery drain on it, but it's so subtle, that may be why. I've been ocd about my battery life since I got the SGS2, so I'm still experimenting with different things. But so far so good, it seems worst case, my battery may drain 1% more per hour or so than normal, but I've also been using my phone a lot more the last couple of days as well, so that may be the reason.

As I've said in other forums, Android has never lagged for me. I knew you'd pop up with your trolling though!

Which comment of mine suggested that I am a troll.

I am stating only my personal experience here.

I dont know how you call this trolling.