Torrents not working correctly

5VoJJ.png

Some torrents work. The vast majority of them do not. The Glasnost traffic shaping test doesn't run on my computer for some reason (I tried both Chrome and FF), and I have no idea where to even begin diagnosing this issue besides that.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention, if it helps at all:

- npp came from http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=435b30b67593790d0f5b09f2dfa215c63b15a596

- route-66 came from http://www.clearbits.net/torrents/52-route-66-documentary

- ubuntu and LibreOffice came from their respective official sources

- I forget where Fedora came from. Some random torrent list.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Linux? That's uTorrent on Windows 7. :p

I used to run torrents just fine, no problem at all. I recently reset/rebuilt/redid/re-whatevered my network at home, which would make me think that could have done something. But only some torrents working, rather then no torrents working, makes no sense to me, so I'm honestly not sure.

The torrents I am trying don't have tracker or seeder issues. Why would they? Some of them are from major websites. Plus, I had a friend test some for me, and they all work for her.

lol, that was one of the first pages I checked... Windows Firewall is setup, as it should be, and I already have encryption set to enabled.

My modem (which is the only firewall-enabled device in the network) has UPnP enabled, as does uTorrent its self. Besides, if it was a port problem, then no torrents would work at all.... am I right?

As I said above, the torrents work just fine for a friend, and are released from official sources like Ubuntu.org

It isn't an issue with the torrents themselves.

uPnP enabled in the router and uTorrent ?

Port forwarded uTorrent's port in the router ?

Static IP on the PC ?

Most of the above will generally only make a difference for incoming connections (You seeding) though afaik

Make sure IE LAN settings has no proxy set etc...

This might sound silly, but you're probably limited to downloading only two torrents at a time.

Go to Options>Queueing>Under Queue Settings on Maximum number of active downloads, change the number from 2 to whatever number of torrents you would like to download at once.

I hope that helps, if not, it's probably a network issue. :D

Yea, not the issue either... thanks for the advice though. I changed that already too. The ones that are working will work no matter what, and the broken ones are broken even if they are the only one.

Ok for the route66 one -- followed your link, and then the download torrent link

http://www.clearbits...mentary.torrent

Now I show its tracker as this -- it could be a problem with your resolving that host, it could be an issue with you not able to access that 7070 port?

http://www.legaltorr...m:7070/announce

I was able to access it right away!

As to the UPnP and forwarding ports --- for starters I would NOT suggest you use UPnP, just forward the 1 port your torrent client is set to use, mine for example use 42312.

I am downloading that route66 torrent just fine -- lets troubleshoot 1 issue at a time. I would say remove the other torrents and just work on one.. Have you looked at the log for that torrent, turn on logging and see what is going on.

Are you running any sort of peer guardian sort of thing that blocks specific IPs or netblocks and or countries even.

I would first check to verify you can resolve that host, example

C:\Windows\System32>ping www.legaltorrents.com

Pinging legaltorrents.com [8.17.80.178] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 8.17.80.178: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=240

Reply from 8.17.80.178: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=240

if that works -- need to verify you can talk to it on port 7070, so for example -- what happens when you try accessing tracker via your browser -- you should get this

post-14624-0-44459100-1320671316.jpg

I fixed the problem by resetting my modem to default settings. It seems that turning on the firewall (it's off by default) is what was messing it up... even though UPnP is enabled.

The only other setting I changed was the IP range for the DHCP, but I don't see how that could have messed anything up (I've been too afraid to mess with it anyways)