A wireless question for DD-WRT users

Hi All,

A client of mine is building a new office and i am helping to get all their IT Gear together, ive got plently of time to get everything so i want to be very thorough.

I have been looking alot into DD-WRT and was thinking of getting a Linksys WRT160NL and flashing it with DD-WRT.

My main question is that, will the Linksys WRT160NL still have a decent wireless signal range and speed after the flashing? or is there a better spec'd DD-WRT compatible router for around ?60?

They anticipate up to 10 laptops working wireless + a wireless printer or two.

If this router does the job well then we may also be looking for a second access point which will be for clients / customers to use aswell.

Any help would be great :)

Cheers!

Eeh, i'd get something with a bit more umph than a 160NL for a workplace. For 2-3 users at home browsing facebook it should be ok but I wouldn't put that in a "high use" environment. You might want to get dual-band also for the people that might have that type of device as well. You gotta think those 10 laptops plus a few smartphones all using the same wifi. Wireless is shared so the more people on a single frequency the worse it gets. So if you can't do 2 of them then dual-band would be best.

I think it was DirtyLarry that was setting up a wireless (granted much bigger) network and wanted to do some stress testing before implementing it. He was doing like 200 clients though for a meeting/conference or something. You could probably ask him what software he used for the test and do some testing yourself.