Web Hosting: Site5.com vs GoDaddy.com

Web Hosting  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What to choose?

• Site5.com
    • GoDaddy.com

Hi all!

After doing my research, I've narrowed down my options to these two companies, but I can't seem to make a decision and need your help!

Site5.com HostPro+Turbo vs GoDaddy's 4GH Ultimate

From my analysis, their prices are pretty much the same for the shared hosting plan that I'm looking for. Hosting with Site5.com is $2 extra, but their domain name registration fee is this much less than that of GoDaddy's.

This is how I've differentiated the two:

site5.com

- a small-medium sized company with live chat and the ability to actually display the name of a person you're chatting with

- an ability to pick a server location

- Multi-Admin feature (Gives each website a separate control panel) (not sure if GoDaddy has it)

- the interface appeals to me overall

GoDaddy.com

- mega large corporation, no live chat

- offers lot's of marketing tools

- gives $250 Google/Bing/Yahoo/Facebook ad credits for free

- they claim they provide a SSL certificate, but I'm not sure if it's a shared one as the case is with Site5.com

Please help me make the choice!

Cheers all!

Although not on your list, I use A Small Orange. The team who ran it (years ago) used to frequent these boards and many, many members promoted them as the choice of host.

Not sure how they are these days but hey, my site is still hosted with them after years.

To be honest though, I would go for the smaller company. They seem to offer better in the way of support. But then it depends who gives you more for your money and out of that, what will you ACTUALLY use?