Why It

I think that you are correct. Technology is doing to this world what Ted Kazinsky (sp) AKA The letter bomber said it would do. The man was a madman but some of what he said is coming true.

eh, I don't get that. I mean, of course everthing seems nice when your a kid in a decent envoirment. Sure things are different now, but I don't think they are worse nesscarily.

I personally don't 'hate' the call of duty games but I have started to get bored of them. The fact that they offer relatively little new from one game to the next despite charging extortionate amounts for each release is what bugs me. I just don't think they merit the price point they're being charged at. Especially from someone who only plays their single player campaigns.

I don't hate COD, I hate that there is a new one every few months. They ruined the franchise by going for quantity over quality.

"It's just going to make you look like an assh**e." Kotaku :rofl:

Captain Irony ASSSSPLODE!!

I don't so much hate the COD games (eventhough they are recycled garbage) it's more the community surrounding the games that I despise.

They act like spoiled children.

The article fails to mention the aspects that the Call of Duty series has brought to other games. Unlocks which massively advantage people who just play the most as opposed to the most skilful (what happened to playing for fun on an even playing field?). Or any number of bad (imo) gaming mechanics.

Perhaps that makes people hate COD.

It certainly wouldnt make them "irrational".

COD is like pop music. It's easily accessible, trendy, well produced and has a huge amount of advertising but it's also shallow, overpriced, repetitive, derivative and there are better alternatives out there.

• Like 6

I do not hate CoD. I liked Modern Warfare 1. Did not care about it's remake MW2. But it's an average fps and i will never understand why it sells so much copies. I think Black ops is in the top 5 best selling game ever or something like that.

i never got the hate.

i love playing the CoD series.

i first played MW2 in Spec Ops at a friend's, liked it so much, i got my own copy and console.

liked it so much that i got the CoD:MW.

and then eagerly awaited MW3 being released and play it (far too much) online.

never understood the hate but like many other things on the internet, have stopped caring about said hate - i enjoy it, i play it, that's all that matters.

COD is like pop music. It's easily accessible, trendy, well produced and has a huge amount of advertising but it's also shallow, overpriced, repetitive, derivative and there are better alternatives out there.

that.... is a great analogy :|

:yes:

The last COD game I played was MW2. I have since not bothered to play the others. A friend of mine wanted to lend me his copy of MW3 for xbox and I couldnt be bothered to play it.

My colleagues have all moved away from the COD franchise. BF3 is there multiplayer of choice now.

Are we all haters? Dont think so...We just dont have the time to waste on subpar games.

I enjoyed the MW1 and MW2 campaigns. Never played world at war, and didn't really like black ops at all. I also try not to support Activision when possible.

But mixed in with all the cod games and the cod competitors that copy similar game play elements (you take the one on the right, i'll take the one on the left/shooting white enemies from a high altitude airplane/etc), I just got burned out on all of it. A new cod being announced is about as exciting to me as a new barbie's adventure. I doubt I'll ever play either. I just find myself getting bored in first person shooters, especially those set in afghanistan/iraq/desert and I always feel like I'm just pushing through it to say I completed it. I also don't enjoy the leveling up aspects of the multiplayer, due to the unequal playing field.

As far as I'm concerned the story driven elements of series like Half-Life, Bioshock, Mass Effect blow those in the CoD series out of the water. They're not terrible I just don't think they're great either. 2 years later and the prices of the CoD games hardly fall.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is, the age range of kids getting COD now is anywhere from 13-16 and they've grown up with games that are all about instant this instant that. And repetitive games. IMO, they're part of the "RIGHT NOW" generation, everything accessible with Twitter, Facebook, and fast internet. They don't want to or care for proper story lines or even playing fields. They want to complete it for "points" and then go and become "the best ever" online by prestiging 150000 times.

I'm 23, had a NES at the age of 7, a SEGA at 8 and a Playstation at 9. Got a family PC at the age of 11 and started playing MOH:AA and Half Life/CS since then. All the people my age that played games all did the same, got games that have decent storylines and a decent SIMPLE multiplayer aspect. Playing on 56k and 128k was fun, and challenging. People my age still play COD yeah, but always preferred the games we grew up with that were a challenge.

The best times I've had gaming online were either with CS 1.3-1.6 when i was about 12-14. Or Halo 2. Infact, Halo 2 was the last game I actually enjoyed playing online. I don't think i've spent as much time on any other game as on that. Sure I own Halo 3, Reach and ODST even Halo Wars. And I've played every COD game out (across PC and console) and own all from COD 2. I only play it to complete it on veteran and not for online, because I can't stand the online modes with unlocks, classes and prestigeing. Its far too gimmicky.

I enjoyed COD:MW and played that a bit online, and then playing the other COD's since then and just hating them, their were so many perk choppers in the game it was just ridiculous. Same with Halo, 2 was the best, 3 was ok but they started introducing "perks" and "classes" and it killed it online for me.

Maybe anyone born pre 92 likes the whole fair playing field as thats what we had growing up and now all these youngun's have to have the unlocks to PROVE that they are "better" than someone else.

Anyway, I'm ranting a bit after getting spanked by my brother on COD earlier.

Thing is overall, I don't HATE any gaming series, I may dislike the COD series but I will still buy it as I enjoy the single player aspect and the co-op like Survival.

If you hate it dont buy it, play it, or comment about it. You're all entitled to an opinion but don't slam someone elses enjoyment just cause its not your cup of tea.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

(Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

That is the best depiction of Call of Duty I have ever read.

+1 I remember finding blindingly obvious bugs and glitches in Call of Duty: Black Ops two days after it was released. I pre-ordered and bought it because most of my friends play it, and I wanted to be able to play online with them. I remember going out and buying a brand new copy of "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", and without using a gameshark or some crazy hack, there were absolutely ZERO bugs in that game, and most games of the time. Nowadays it is not uncommon for new games to be filled with bugs on release day, which may or may not be fixed with a patch later on. Anyway, I'll stop myself before I get into a rant, I just wanted to say that the post I quoted pretty much sums up why I cancelled my pre-order of Modern Warfare 3 and probably won't bother buying any more Call of Duty games.

0 bugs in legend of zelda and most games around that time. you sir lost your gamer card. Turn it in and move along.