Halo: CE Anniversary

I'd love to pick this up if I had some extra cash lying around.

Just a note, this is not a full priced game. It's $40 retail with both Amazon and Newegg to doing $10 off on top.

I'm on the fence of getting it. I think if it was cheaper I would get it, yes $40 is cheaper than most but that doesn't make me want to play a game that is 10 years old on the Reach Multiplayer engine. Not a fan of that engine at all.

I'll be getting it asap. I can't wait to do a run on legendary through the game that started it all with the new visuals. Unfortunately I'm sure I'll be alone in my enjoyment among my friends seeing as Skyrim has eaten their souls.

I have two copies in my hot little hands right now! Yay for the +13 GMT timezone! Only 4 hours till I get to go home from work!

As in classic MP mode?

Classic MP Mode over Xbox Live? It's just a Map Pack DLC code that you can play on the Reach Engine, unless I'm missing something. I think madd-hatter means the "Classic Mode" where you can flip the switch to how the game ran and looked 10 years ago.

yes Classic mode instantly switched between the new graphics engine 343 are using and the original used for the Xbox version and how it looked then and then now just watch the video

Best Buy in Canada had a deal where you got $5 off for a pre-order, so I decided to get it. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I never actually finished the original Halo back in the day. I played co-op with a buddy, and then played on my own for a bit, but didn't actually play through to the end in either instance. This will be my chance to do it up properly :).

Really enjoying it so far, need to beat the campaign sometime this week on legendary. Started it last night and I have distinctly reminded of the difficulty of the game during the tons of enemies that are thrown at you once you find the first group of marines on the Halo level (2nd level). It also didn't help that I accidentally ran over my warthog gunner...

I'm installing it now. Have a doctor's appointment in an hour, but I'll be on around 6PM CST if anyone wants to play some co-op. Fair warning, though: it's been forever since I played the original Halo, and I wasn't the biggest fan of it, so I probably don't have a good memory on the level layouts.

Probably won't pick this up yet. I still have Batman Arkham City, MW3 and Assassin's Creed Revelations to buy before I even touch this.

It's awesome. I'm loving replaying it. There are some minor issues I have (no sound settings -- which is annoying, because the voice volume in cutscenes is lower than in-game), but nothing major.

Much easier to navigate with the new graphics, but there are still some poor level design moments. Still, overall really fun (on Silent Cartographer now) (Y)

....but there are still some poor level design moments....

There the exact same as the original CE's... so if you thought that then, then it hasn't changed...

There the exact same as the original CE's... so if you thought that then, then it hasn't changed...

...yes... I did... ;) The design has improved due to new additions like lighting to guide the way on many levels, but the layouts are still extremely bad on some levels.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The voices could use a volume boost in the cutscenes and I wish the music didn't cut in and out (had the same problem in Reach). Other than that it's very well done. The terminals are very cool as well, a very nice touch.