Halo: CE Anniversary

After I beat it on normal (probably later today), I'm looking to run through co-op on Legendary with someone. I may not be able to until after Thanksgiving, though, as I'll be working on a big paper for grad school. But, if you're interested my gamertag is also Ayepecks.

• Like 1

One of the major criticisms I have of the game so far is the animations (specifically in the newer versions of the cutscenes). They are just so odd. I'm tired of watching people talk like they are sucking on a Warhead.

One of the major criticisms I have of the game so far is the animations (specifically in the newer versions of the cutscenes). They are just so odd. I'm tired of watching people talk like they are sucking on a Warhead.

I've noticed that too. It's not a big issue, but it is somewhat odd. That and the lack of sound options are my two biggest complaints in regards to the update.

I just finished The Library (ugh). I had almost forgotten why I've never been as big a fan of Halo as many others here -- after about halfway through the game, the level design gets really craptacular. It's a rinse-and-repeat of the worst kind -- you go from one room to another room that look and play the exact same way. It's like Bungie just looked at the level and said "let's quintuple it!" and copy-and-pasted every section over and over again.

Crysis had a similar problem, too (level design getting really bad after about half-way).

That and the miss mash of assets. We have the halo 3 cortana...

BTW For those that are just interested in the multiplayer, do yourself a huge favor and just buy the Anniversary Map Pack. Considering thats all the MP is.

just got it but haven't even installed it yet, should be nice. appreciate the diverse opinions here, the mixed assets is something i find interesting, i'm sure it'll make me laugh in a kind and loving way, if nothing else!

Alrighty, just beat it on normal difficulty on my own, and it's definitely a fantastic remake -- what all remakes should strive to be. The second half of the game is unfortunately just as bad as I remember it, though.

Still looking for a legendary co-op partner if anyone wants to go through it with me. I have a project next week, though, so we'd probably only do a level a day.

Alrighty, just beat it on normal difficulty on my own, and it's definitely a fantastic remake -- what all remakes should strive to be. The second half of the game is unfortunately just as bad as I remember it, though.

Still looking for a legendary co-op partner if anyone wants to go through it with me. I have a project next week, though, so we'd probably only do a level a day.

Legendary is not much of a challenge if you have the grunt funeral skull. I may be able to hop in for a level or two over the weekend. (daddy day care :( )

Legendary is not much of a challenge if you have the grunt funeral skull. I may be able to hop in for a level or two over the weekend. (daddy day care :( )

Hm, I didn't think about that -- will have to remember to put that on.

Has anyone been succesful in getting the AotCR banshee off of the platform right after the tank? I've been trying and I can't seem to get it, I'm wondering if 343 changed it from the original.

They very well may have. I've noticed on legendary around twice the number of enemy waves coming at me than in the original game. I've had to deal with 6 sword elites on Truth and Reconciliations's lift pad inside the ship... Only remember at the most 3-4. Not 6. Not to mention there were around 8 waves of enemies before the two hunters just before that. The game has been changed.

They very well may have. I've noticed on legendary around twice the number of enemy waves coming at me than in the original game. I've had to deal with 6 sword elites on Truth and Reconciliations's lift pad inside the ship... Only remember at the most 3-4. Not 6. Not to mention there were around 8 waves of enemies before the two hunters just before that. The game has been changed.

I noticed the same thing. Legendary appears to have some tweaks that I'm not a big fan of.

I finally got the banshee down, you can't shoot the bottom of the platform and knock it down anymore. You have to go through the cave and shoot it down from the hill where the wraith is at.

I've noticed that the sword elites are randomized, at least in heroic. Sometimes I would only get one sword elite, and others I'd get 1 every wave.

I'm really enjoying the thought they put into the achievements for this game -- it's making my replays pretty interesting. The only two that annoy me are the two Library achievements. I mean, it's already the most hated level in the franchise (perhaps most hated FPS level, period), and you make them that annoying? Groooooan.

I dont know about anyone else, but the original HALO seems harder than anything else. Either that, or I have been drinking to much.

Just seems that the energy shield in the original HALO doesnt last as long an you die quicker. Kinda makes me feel like they made halo easier to appeal to more people. Playing on Heroic but something seems different. USed to mop up in Legendary back in the day but now...I pretty much suck...I can load up Reach and play good.

I dont know about anyone else, but the original HALO seems harder than anything else. Either that, or I have been drinking to much.

Just seems that the energy shield in the original HALO doesnt last as long an you die quicker. Kinda makes me feel like they made halo easier to appeal to more people. Playing on Heroic but something seems different. USed to mop up in Legendary back in the day but now...I pretty much suck...I can load up Reach and play good.

i must say i feel the opposite about it. im playing it on heroic and iv been getting through levels no problems and often never dying. haha but yeah maybe you have been drinking to much or i just need to drink more often

Dangit, my co-op buddy is experiencing major lag since he's from London... anyone in the States want to run through Legendary (from 343 Guilty Spark, on)? I'm using the infinite ammo skull, grunt funeral, and big explosions. Would prefer to just do one level a day.

Edit: And as for the difficulty, I think that this is actually much easier thanks to certain skulls. Seems about on-par with Halo 3 and Reach.

Dangit, my co-op buddy is experiencing major lag since he's from London... anyone in the States want to run through Legendary (from 343 Guilty Spark, on)? I'm using the infinite ammo skull, grunt funeral, and big explosions. Would prefer to just do one level a day.

Edit: And as for the difficulty, I think that this is actually much easier thanks to certain skulls. Seems about on-par with Halo 3 and Reach.

I think the Xbox Live co-op is a bit laggy in itself. I am experiencing it lag between Boston(me) and Long Island (friend). We have never had that problem playing other games.

I think the Xbox Live co-op is a bit laggy in itself. I am experiencing it lag between Boston(me) and Long Island (friend). We have never had that problem playing other games.

Yeah, I've read that on Xbox forums as well. I'm just finishing Legendary on my own -- only have three levels left. Unfortunately, they're all really hard levels.

Edit: Beat the game on Legendary on my own... only two more achievements needed for all 1000! Unfortunately, one of them is a pain in the butt: complete Library on Heroic without dying.

I'm on Attack on the Control Room on Legendary and remembering why I love this game so much. Now I just need to kill that gold zealot at the control room main gate...