Women can tell if you are ugly on-line

Posting the most flattering picture possible alongside one?s profile may seem a legitimate part of the internet dating game.

But if new research is to be believed, those who try to level the playing field by using photos which disguise their worst features could be wasting their time.

According to a university study, women can still identify a physically attractive man just by reading his profile.

It found good-looking men were able to convey their confidence and attractiveness in their written self-description ? and that women volunteers were able to recognise their beauty without being shown the lonely heart?s accompanying photograph.

Men whose photos were rated as attractive had written profiles that were also deemed to be attractive, despite words and images being rated by different judges, the study by Villanova University in Philadelphia, U.S., found.

In a paper to be published in the Computers In Human Behavior journal, Rebecca Brand a psychologist who led the study, concluded: ?The overall attractiveness of the photo was positively correlated with the overall attractiveness of the text. In other words, those who are physically attractive also write more appealing profiles.

?In this sense, online dating does not seem to level the playing field for unattractive individuals.

?Our data suggests that attractive individuals wrote texts (profiles) that conveyed confidence, and it was perhaps this confidence which primarily signalled quality to the women.'

more

I like the first comment on the article.

One thing's for sure. None of us girls would date half the losers on here. Be prepared to be forever alone because your attitude and sheer bitterness toward women in general is very clear for all to see. Most of you don't even like women by the sound of it. You all sound horrible, mean, lonely and desperate. Ironically I bet you think you are the catch of the century .. NOT. Go play with your train set.

Guess what ladies, this works both ways. I can tell this is one ugly woman without even seeing a picture.

• Like 3

Guess what ladies, this works both ways. I can tell this is one ugly woman without even seeing a picture.

Lol :D

You know, I've been on dating sites... I find the women on them to be (generalisation) incredibly arrogant:

* Looking for the "perfect" guy (this is a major reason that they are single - looking for someone who hit's 100% across the board).

* If we look for similar, then men just "want it all their way".

* Like to act suggestive.

* But if we respond we are only after 1 thing.

* Assume a guy should do all the hard work.

* Ok for them to line up a few dates.

* But if we do, we're players.

• Like 3

Yes, she is probably a bitter, man-hating shrew. She is utilizing the shaming language these sorts of "progressive" women use to brow-beat men into going "with the program".

Here's a list of common male shaming tactics.

• Like 1

You know, I've been on dating sites... I find the women on them to be (generalisation) incredibly arrogant:

* Looking for the "perfect" guy (this is a major reason that they are single - looking for someone who hit's 100% across the board).

* If we look for similar, then men just "want it all their way".

* Like to act suggestive.

* But if we respond we are only after 1 thing.

* Assume a guy should do all the hard work.

* Ok for them to line up a few dates.

* But if we do, we're players.

+1

Sir, you win the internet! (Y)

Glassed Silver:mac

So in other words it has nothing to do with how attractive you are. Just how attractvie you think you are and how confident you are.

Attitude, confidence, intelligence, and character are all far sexier than physical looks alone, and they're all far easier to detect in how one writes.

• Like 2

Attitude, confidence, intelligence, and character are all far sexier than physical looks alone, and they're all far easier to detect in how one writes.

No wonder I never have any trouble with women. :p

Sir, you win the internet! (Y)

Glassed Silver:mac

I always love the people that use double edged weapons, the ones that first use them are the same people that doesn't realize that it can be turned exactly the other way around too... :D

People say that, but in reality you're always judged by your looks far, far before anything else like those things you listed.

People say that, but in reality you're always judged by your looks far, far before anything else like those things you listed.

Probably by most. I'm a little different I guess. Weird you might say. :laugh:

It's weird, I can 'recognize' an attractive woman, but I'm not always attracted to them, and those who I am attracted to aren't really that attractive to begin with.

Oh, I'm an ugly son of a bitch, my presence fries electronic components, people wake up from comas just to die of a heart attack at the sight of me :)

Oh, I'm an ugly son of a bitch, my presence fries electronic components, people wake up from comas just to die of a heart attack at the sight of me :)

They can see you from a coma? It's that bad? :o

They can see you from a coma? It's that bad? :o

As demonstrated in the article, you don't need to see someone to 'know' they're ugly :)

You can check my Facebook, but I suggest having a copy of The Ring in the DVR just in case, although you might prefer a quicker death :)

Haha..