Notification Agenda

android agenda appointments notes notification status bar

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:27

(I'm not sure this is the right forum for this topic but I couldn't find one that fitter better. Only the "Software created by our members" would fit better, but the guidelines of that forum revokes that. If this is not in the appropriate forum, please move it there or let me know which is before you delete this post so I can copy the contents and create a new topic there. If topics like these are not allowed and you're going to remove it, please let me know.)

Project Title:
Notification Agenda

Official Website:
http://ricardoamaral.net

Screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Project Description:
Simple application which turns small notes into pleasing status bar notifications with fancy high quality icons. All your notes are easily accessible so you never forget all those important appointments ever again. Never forget an appointment ever again with Notification Agenda.

Some relevant features include:
  • Several fancy and high quality icon sets
  • Change individual notes visibility
  • Quickly edit any visible note
  • Load visible notes on boot
  • Intuitive and elegant user interface
The above is just the beginning; lots of more features are already planned for future versions. A premium and ad-free version is also planned to be released soon allowing you to support further development if you are inclined to do so.

Download:
https://market.andro...ificationagenda

Posted Image

Observations:
Those of you who don't mind, please leave a small comment in the Android Market, along with a rating that you find appropriate (but please void bad reviews and low ratings, if you have a problem with the app, ask first). If you do not have the patience to leave a comment, use the phone's Market app to simply rate my app (I believe you can't just rate online, you are obliged to comment, but I'm not sure).

And if you don't mind sharing the Market application link in all your social networks (or only the ones you prefer), I'll be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their support.

Social Networks:

#2 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:29

Nice, I`ll check it out, do you use Eclipse to make your apps ?

#3 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:32

Nice, I`ll check it out, do you use Eclipse to make your apps ?

If we are talking about Android apps, then yes.

#4 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:37

If we are talking about Android apps, then yes.

Yea android apps, just I am starting out learning how to do this, and reading an e-book called "Android Apps for Absolute Beginners 2011" - just wondering if you have any tips or better tutorials ?

This book seems pretty good and is quite easy to understand, but I have read now 100 pages and have only made the Hello World app ! I have another 200 pages to go and wouldn't mind a bit more "hands on" training

App looks great (ASUS Transformer, HC 3.2.1)

Posted Image

#5 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:50

What's your background on Java? If you already know Java, I would simply recommend specific Android tutorials on what you want to do, everything else is just working in Java and the Android SDK, so all you need is the Android documentation.

Get yourself familiar with Views, how Android uses resources, how they use XML and what for. And you are good to go. If you don't know that much of Java, I would recommend learning the basics of that first.

About my app... I never tried it on a tablet before and didn't know how it would work, thanks for the screenshot. You say it looks good but I see a problem, but it could be the screenshot so I must ask you. The screenshot seems a little blurry, maybe that's just something you did to the screenshot or maybe the Transformer is an xlarge density device and Android is trying to pull resources for that density, which don't exist.

I can design the generic app resources for such a large density, but I'll have a problem with the icons, they were not designed by me and the default icon set (Basic) doesn't provide icons larger than 48px.

Did you do anything to the screenshot or that blurriness is normal? Do all apps look like mine or others (mainly Google ones, like Gmail) look much better and sharper?

#6 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:57

Thanks for that, I don't have any background in any coding languages, so I am a fresh face to all of this.

The app looks sharp and perfect on my tablet and that screenshot, along with every screenshot I take is enlarged by a considerable amount, my LCD resolution is 1280x800 but screen size is 10.1" (Nowhere near as big as the actual image

I would say it has stretched it by at least 50% I can hold my whole tablet up to that shot and it fits inside with plenty of room :D

Not sure this helps, but best I could do with my camera

Posted Image

#7 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 15 November 2011 - 19:41

So the problem is only on the screenshots themselves which get stretched for some reason?

Thanks for that :)

#8 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 20:26

Yea not sure why it does that, just using the actual honeycomb in-built screenshot taker too.

I`ll keep on with my ebook for now, it does say it assumes the reader have no prior coding know-how so hopefully I`ll have a little by the end of it.

#9 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 15 November 2011 - 20:46

Try this too:
http://www.youtube.c...4F010EEF9D45FB8

But I seriously recommend some basic Java before jumping into Android...

#10 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 20:51

Ah nice one thanks for that, I was reading something about Google using their own version of Java for Android, not a true Java like we use on our PCs ?

So would I need to learn Google's Java instead ?

Thanks for that link, having someone go through it on a video might make things a bit easier to understand, than reading about it. :)

#11 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 16 November 2011 - 00:24

Never head of that, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

#12 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:04

Never head of that, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It cropped up when someone was asking why a Java Applet site would not run in any Browser they had installed on their Android Tablet - I mentioned that apps are coded in Java so I would have expected it to run natively - Someone told me that Java the apps are coded in and Java Runtime Environment we use on the PC are different - apparently they look very similar but have different enough libraries not to work with each other.... something like that

I guess I`ll find out more as I learn, I downloaded all those 200 tutorial videos lol, was about to copy them across to my Transformer when I noticed they combined to almost 8GB ... so might watch them on here instead :D

Thanks again, I`ll post back with any progress I make or if I become a millionaire overnight with my genius app release :D

#13 OP Nazgulled

Nazgulled

Software Simian

Posted 16 November 2011 - 13:08

Oh, that... Java is just one language, there isn't Java from Google or anything like that, not that I know of at least...

When you install the JRE on your PC, that allows you to run Java apps. But the JRE also installs a browser plugin, which allows you to run Java applets on your browser. The JRE is what does all the work, what makes all those Java apps/applets work, but for your browser to do anything with the applets, you need some sort of plugin.

There probavbly isn't a plugin for Android, that's why you can't run any Java applets on your phone's browser.

#14 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 November 2011 - 13:19

<3 C# => Almost <3 Java :p

Nice work. I hope this works out well for you man :)

It looks awesome btw >.<

#15 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 16 November 2011 - 13:40

Oh, that... Java is just one language, there isn't Java from Google or anything like that, not that I know of at least...

When you install the JRE on your PC, that allows you to run Java apps. But the JRE also installs a browser plugin, which allows you to run Java applets on your browser. The JRE is what does all the work, what makes all those Java apps/applets work, but for your browser to do anything with the applets, you need some sort of plugin.

There probavbly isn't a plugin for Android, that's why you can't run any Java applets on your phone's browser.

Ah right got ya thanks for that :)

Maybe an app to make my fortune with in the future .... lol ;)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!