Happy Birthday Shigeru Miyamoto

Today marks the 59th birthday of the creator of the Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Metal Gear Solid and many other game series. Happy Birthday, Shigeru Miyamoto!

You didn't just say that...

Tell me you did not just say that!

506px-Kojima_Hideo.jpg

Here's the creator of the Metal Gear series right here: Hideo Kojima!

You didn't just say that...

Tell me you did not just say that!

506px-Kojima_Hideo.jpg

Here's the creator of the Metal Gear series right here: Hideo Kojima!

he looks like he will take your ass out if you disagree with him :huh:

Oh, apparently MGS2: Twin Snakes for the GCN was developed by Silicon Knights under the guidance of Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima... I never knew that! I couldn't think of anything more pressurising then "being under the guidance" of these two people! :laugh:

Yeah was going to say that Miyamoto didn't create MGS, but yes he did have an input in the GC version. As you say, that's some guidance for the workers and a hell of a lot of 'know how' to tap in to.

Oh, apparently MGS2: Twin Snakes for the GCN was developed by Silicon Knights under the guidance of Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima... I never knew that! I couldn't think of anything more pressurising then "being under the guidance" of these two people! :laugh:

LOL, exactly. I never knew Miyamoto had anything to do with that, either.

Happy B-day to him. SM64 is still the all-time best 3d platformer IMO (even though it was one of the first) and one of my all-time favorite games. Gaming would be totally different without his influence.