MS Outlkook 2010 and Data Intergity check.

Question

Hi,

I have been using Outlook 2010 for over a year now and fairly lately, maybe for a month or so, ever time I open it it goes through this task of "verifying Data integrity" which sometimes take like 2+ minutes. Any ideas why this may have started and how to fix it?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Maybe what you should do is run SCANPST on that file, or create a new PST file and move all the e-mails into that file.

I'm thinking there is a corruption somewhere and SCANPST should fix it.

How are you closing outlook -- is it being forced closed? Are you shutting down the machine before the outlook process finishes closing? Are you just shutting down the machine without closing outlook first and making sure the outlook process has actually closed via task manger, etc. before shutting down the machine?

What is the exact error you get when you start outlook - can you post up screen shot of the error?

Have seen this sort of error going back many versions of outlook -- I see it on my own copy at work (2003 - yes they are behind) when machine has been shutdown restarted and outlook was not allowed to close on its own correctly.

Maybe what you should do is run SCANPST on that file, or create a new PST file and move all the e-mails into that file.

I'm thinking there is a corruption somewhere and SCANPST should fix it.

Good idea! I will try that.

How are you closing outlook -- is it being forced closed? Are you shutting down the machine before the outlook process finishes closing? Are you just shutting down the machine without closing outlook first and making sure the outlook process has actually closed via task manger, etc. before shutting down the machine?

What is the exact error you get when you start outlook - can you post up screen shot of the error?

Have seen this sort of error going back many versions of outlook -- I see it on my own copy at work (2003 - yes they are behind) when machine has been shutdown restarted and outlook was not allowed to close on its own correctly.

I always make sure NO programs are running before I log off, shutdown or restart. But that is the first thing that came to mind. I could see if I forgot one or two times but this happens EVERY time I start Outlook.

Thanks,

Do you get some sort of pop up? I have noticed that it is slow to load emails lately. Seems to load them in bulk.

No slow loads, pop ups etc.... However I have an obscure hotmail account and every once in a while, not every time to be sure, Outlook tells me there was a problem with the hotmail connector would you like it fixed, I click OK and it's good. For a while anyway.

Maybe I should reinstall the hotmail connector?

Thanks,