Nevada man gets probation for pushing wife off cliff

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A 63-year-old North Las Vegas man was sentenced to five years on probation after admitting he pushed his wife off a 20-foot cliff into Lake Mohave.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Glenn Duane Moss initially faced felony attempted murder and other charges, but pleaded guilty in August to a misdemeanor assault charge in U.S. District Court.

The case was handled in federal court because the Colorado River reservoir is part of the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

Magistrate Judge Robert Johnston told Assistant Federal Public Defender Shari Kaufman that he didn't believe the shove in November 2010 was "a recreational push." :huh:

Court records say a personal watercraft operator pulled Lucia Moss from the water and took her away from the area to call 911.

source

Pushed over a 20 foot drop into water? I'm suprised he even got probation......unless the woman couldn't swim and he had the knowledge or something. 20ft into water is the equivalent of my friend pushing me off the high dive.....that's not attempted murder, lol, glad it got reduced.

yeah but she couldda hadda phone on her and now its ruined. dont do stuff like that.

Wait, What?

Reminds me of the "Toe Tags" CSI episode where corpses in the morgue talk about their deaths. One was a model whose hubby pushed her off a cliff, and on impact her brain popped out of her head :p

Well, from what I've learned when playing FPS games, landing on water after falling from a cliff at any height does no damage to you at all.

:p

I concur, I have skydived from many kilometers high into shallow backyard pools without any problem :D

I don't think he was thinking 'nice things' when he did it, otherwise the wife wouldn't have called 911

...unless she's a bitch and just hates him for no reason...but that kind be right...women are too nice to do something that :shiftyninja:

I've fallen out of bed further than that

When I was in middle school, I fell off of a large bunk bed, onto a solid concrete floor, in my sleep. Woke up on the floor, the drop was about 15ish feet, I slept through it. lol

It could do damage depending how one fall in. I dove from a 30ft cliff once and panicked mid-air, resulting in an awkward water entry. Resulted in a minor concussion, but luckily only meant a real bad headache for 48h.