Sim Card Question

So I need to send my HTC WindowsPhone to HTC for repair (3rd time this year). I bought my iPhone 4 when it came out because My Audi has a iPhone connector in the glove box and no way to hook up my HTC to it. So I'd like to use my iPhone while my HTC get's fixed. Problem is the iPhone 4 has that mini SIM. Is there a simple way of getting this done. The closest ATT store is by the college here and on saturdays its a pain to get to. Dont know if ATT can simply mail me a mini sim.

I think you can cut/scale it down to fit in the iPhone but not sure how you'll get it working when you get your HTC device back

i have seen adapters that you can put a mini sim into so they can fit into a normal sim slot once the normal sim has been cut down to size

there are punch cutters that can do this for you but a prescion craft knife will be ideal for the job, just dont your fingers off.

and there are adapters that you can put a mini sim into so you can put it back into your normal size sim phone

http://www.mobilemag.com/2010/05/28/micro-sim-card-adapter-lets-you-share-iphone-data-plan-to-ipads/

hope that helps.

When I was in the same situation I purchased a sim card cutter off ebay for ?1.40 - That's about 3 bucks American. It cut the sim card down to fit the iPhone 4S and included two adapters to take the cut card you make and turn it back in to a full sized sim.

Look for one of those on ebay is my advice :)

+1 eBay MicroSIM cutter+adapter.

What I don't understand is why you have an iPhone only for the sake of putting it into the Glove Box of your car, either switch to the iPhone permanently and sell of your HTC, or buy an iPod and sell off your iPhone.

thanks 4 replies. Ive seen sim cutters that come with adapters to fit back into normal sim slots. saw one on amazon for $5. maybe I'll do that. doesnt seem like I can call ATT and just ask for a activated mini sim.

@Simon for music. It was worth it to me to get the phone just for that reason. I use WP7 and wont ever go back to iOS.