(Free) dynamic dns?

I have a domain registered with GoDaddy.com . I want to host content from my home PC. I used to have a free program which dynamically updated nameservers with my current IP, but I can't remember what it is called.

Even if I have to pay a small fee, I suppose that's ok. How can i achieve this?

dyndns.com is paid option if you want to use your own domain. i tried listing a few other but the show up as spam. zoneedit.com used to offer free i dont know if they still do afraid.org and also he.net i think also has dns

You have to "reconfirm" the free DynDNS if you don't get any hits monthly, but it works well. My router has support for it built-in.

I was sure there was a free version of dyndns, and even google results showed free, but I couldnt see the option once I was on their site

I was sure there was a free version of dyndns, and even google results showed free, but I couldnt see the option once I was on their site

There was I think they stopped doing free or its hidden on the site I don't see it anymore

They still offer a free version, but you can only set 1 dynamic address per account now.

What's more, the free version needs to be "renewed" monthly by clicking a link unless you run their auto-update software (that sets your IP on their servers) which you want to do anyways.

https://www.dyndns.com/account/services/hosts/

That's where I control everything from, so if you have an account I'm sure your options will be in there.

Good luck :)

I use DynDNS but apparently they don't offer a free option anymore.

The other service I use and works very well too is << spam >>. You need to confirm you are using your account (by just clicking a link inside an email) every one or two months though but it's not a problem.

You can download their dynamic client so the ip changes are automatically reflected on your host.

They still offer a free version, but you can only set 1 dynamic address per account now.

What's more, the free version needs to be "renewed" monthly by clicking a link unless you run their auto-update software (that sets your IP on their servers) which you want to do anyways.

https://www.dyndns.c...services/hosts/

That's where I control everything from, so if you have an account I'm sure your options will be in there.

Good luck :)

They used to allow you to use one of their free subdomains along with other subdomains that gave you a youraddress.dyndns.org etc.. They also offered an update client for dynamic ip's but I can not find either now on their site.