Browser compatibility update for Pegasus (main)

uhhh never had any problems with themes or any of the settings in any browser I tried (IE8/9,Firefox stable/nightly,chrome,and even opera) so who was complaining???

and the default theme is too bright!!! ouch! I want my darkside to stay.....

also segoeui sucks. it's very hard to read. I have candara for all my windows fonts even and it's so much easier to read. the numbers especially.

I also use a dark windows theme and dark chrome theme.

I've been a supporter of Pegasus since its incarnation, but add me to the list of those upset at the removal of darkside... Hopefully I misunderstood the OP and it will actually make a return soon. And for god's sake please don't tell me the forum themes will be removed when this "upgrade" makes its way there.

P.S. I'd take blurry "welcome" text and darkside over clear "welcome" text and default Pegasus theme any day.

Just like the 1 or 2% of users that complained about the tab animations in firefox and it went away, it made it take up more P/F delta, was harder to move tabs around, and locked up other things on my computer. (just becuase it used 2-3% more CPU and broke obscure add-ons)

OCCUPY NEOWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what else is going to be removed when others complain about it. Segoe UI better not go.

lR01J.jpg

And here I thought I'd get complaints about the lack of rounded corners.

Will use Segoe if you have it, will use Helv/Arial if not.

What!? No rounded corners!? *grabs a torch and pitchfork* I will NOT stand for this! /s

Thanks for making the news a section I won't visit anymore. White background? your kidding. I had no problem with the themes on IE/Chrome or Firefox.

Bring back the themes, I Miss the dark look :(

Thanks for making the news a section I won't visit anymore. White background? your kidding. I had no problem with the themes on IE/Chrome or Firefox.

Bring back the themes, I Miss the dark look :(

Are you serious? Almost every website's content is on a white background.

No more font-settings? I have OSX Lion with Safari, and Segoe font looks bad and blurry (only on neowin) :/ Please bring back at least one more font (for example: arial or tahoma). :rolleyes:

Fixed by installing "Segoe UI" fonts from Windows 7 into OSX. Now the fonts are all good.

(I only had "light" version of segoe font in Lion, I think that was the problem.)

Looks like crap, far too bright for those of us with eye problems it literally glares now! Dark is better, for me at least. This coupled with the forum issues Im having it's adios Neowin ...

I can appreciate browser compatibility issues, but I can't read the bolded default font thread titles without squinting. Gotta have some font options...I was liking Tahoma

I do not like the darker background on the front page at all. Pegasus with the lighter background was my favourite (Y)

Agreed. I liked the light grey bars on the background ... I don't know why they were all changed to dark versions of blue?

Looks like crap, far too bright for those of us with eye problems it literally glares now! Dark is better, for me at least. This coupled with the forum issues Im having it's adios Neowin ...

^ What he said

Fact is, that with the lovely options we had we were driving people away due to browsers crashing on Neowin. Now it could be down to add-ons and betas and alpha builds, but we need a site that works all the time, on all browsers.

I can confirm that all my problems with Neowin on Google Chrome stable which were menus not displaying, bad fonts and choppy scrolling have now been fixed on the Main page with this update, just waiting for the Forums to be updated now as all those problems still persist on 'this computer' in the Forums. (Y)

Are you serious? Almost every website's content is on a white background.

Exactly what I was thinking lol. If you can't handle a site with a white/light bg good luck using the internet...

I understand that some people prefer dark themes, but the people posting that its "blinding" them are being extremely hyperbolic.

Exactly what I was thinking lol. If you can't handle a site with a white/light bg good luck using the internet...

I understand that some people prefer dark themes, but the people posting that its "blinding" them are being extremely hyperbolic.

There are those that are sensitive to bright lights,

Using this in Stylish for now until there's an option to bring back font choices:

html { font: 62.5%/1 Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif !important; }

Titles don't look right but I forget what they were before. :p