mcdonalds where else but florida

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,179 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:41

I'm against the "blind dog lovers" in this thread, an animal bit a little girl and she has to have facial reconstruction surgury, but lets all make excuses for the animal. "Oh we know EVERY SINGLE golden retriver is perfect and would HAVE to had a child so something HORRIBLE in order to bite."

Yes, because that's exactly what's been said...

#17 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,941 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:48

I don't care if the kid hit the dog in the head with a baseball bat and that's how it got bit, the kid is 4yrs old and IMO, human life over animal life any day. Now I prolly wouldn't stab the dog, i'd prolly just push/kick it but then again he was prolly just raged and wanted to retaliate. Hell if I had a kid and it got hurt, human or animal i'd more than likely freak out too. Obviously it's not life threatening and the kid was prolly just scared more than actual hurt. Prolly an over reaction eitherway however.

#18 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

• 1,789 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:52

I'll trust a dog over a human almost any day. Dogs live by instinct. You can basically set your clock by their actions and habits. If you maybe had more knowledge about the animal in question, as well as knowing how they react to situations and how kids normally behave towards animals, you would probably have a different opinion.

The real blame lies upon the grandfather and the owner of the dog. The grandfather should have been watching the 4 year old much more, because she is 4, and they are quick and small beings. The dog owner for not keeping his dog under his supervision.

You are confusing "general breed knowledge" and knowledge of THIS dog, they are two different things.

I find the dog owner at the most fault, then grandpa, the child was only going on her instincts as well.

#19 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

• 1,287 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:53

I can not help but laugh at these blind dog lovers. A dog bit a 4 year old child and you guys are indifferent. I would love to see your reaction had an strange dog attacked your your child, sibling or family members. You guys are speaking of the bread of the dog but that is irrelevant since you do not know THIS dog that did the attacking.

I am with the granddad on this one.

#20 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,375 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:56

If only the dog had died.

#21 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:58

There is no blind dog loving. There is knowledgeable people posting opinions. If you want to try and discredit an others opinion by calling them "blind", you are not showing much class towards this. Post your opinion and move on. But to call someone blind because they actually have knowledge about dog breeds and behavior is immature. No one has sided with the dog, but plenty of us can understand and see situations that could occur in this instance. Since all the facts have no been presented in this, you can not just assume any one case is right.

#22 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:58

i'm call BS. as a lab retriever owner especially. They are the most HARMLESS dogs ever. that little girl did something to provoke it, whether she did it on purpose is a different story, but retrievers and labs especially love kids. I refuse to believe the dog just did it...

#23 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• 4,019 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:01

Why would the dog attack her for the hell out of it? The only reason it would retaliate was if she prevoked it first.

#24 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:01

i'm call BS. as a lab retriever owner especially. They are the most HARMLESS dogs ever. that little girl did something to provoke it, whether she did it on purpose is a different story, but retrievers and labs especially love kids. I refuse to believe the dog just did it...

With my extensive work with many retrievers, as well as owning one now and one when I was a kid, I would agree with you. The only time I have ever seen a GR bite at someone was when it was pushed to the limits. I've had my nephew basically poke mine in the eye a few times in a row and it just look at him like, "More?" :p

#25 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:02

With my extensive work with many retrievers, as well as owning one now and one when I was a kid, I would agree with you. The only time I have ever seen a GR bite at someone was when it was pushed to the limits. I've had my nephew basically poke mine in the eye a few times in a row and it just look at him like, "More?" :p

that typical dumb look retrievers/labs have is priceless...

#26 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

• 1,789 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:03

Yes, because that's exactly what's been said...

You are right, I'm guess they didn't exactly say those things, but they sure are blaming the girl...

They are rated #1 for dogs that will not attack a human when provoked.

Nearly always when an animal attacks a kid, the kid has done something to provoke it.

The story doesn't cover exactly what the girl did to the dog. More than likely the girl did something to provoke the dog to bite her.

There was more to the story, that living being had a reason for biting.

Would be willing to bet ANY amount this is what happened as stated by Sionic Ion:
"pulls her dog's ears, nose, and smacks it randomly,"

#27 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

• 1,287 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:04

There is no blind dog loving. There is knowledgeable people posting opinions. If you want to try and discredit an others opinion by calling them "blind", you are not showing much class towards this. Post your opinion and move on. But to call someone blind because they actually have knowledge about dog breeds and behavior is immature. No one has sided with the dog, but plenty of us can understand and see situations that could occur in this instance. Since all the facts have no been presented in this, you can not just assume any one case is right.

But "general breed knowledge" and knowledge of this dog, they are two very different things so to call it bull**** like many dog lovers in this thread are doing is absurd.

#28 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• 1,607 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:14

The grandpa was wrong for not looking after the child AND the dog owner was wrong by not keeping his dog away from children when he knows that teh dog can be agressive.

#29 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:22

Dog should have been on a leash with the owner under supervision while in public.
Girl should have been on a leash with the grandfather under supervision at any time.

Both parties are at fault. At worst, the dog should have been put down the proper way, or at the least be forced to take obedience classes. Why didn't the grandfather care for the child and instead went out of his way to stab the dog? If the girl needed all that to have her lip fixed, why was getting revenge on an animal more important? I'd say he should be barred from carrying weapons in public if his first option of reaction is to stab something. Bad choices on both sides of the issue though.

#30 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,944 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 18:25

My mother owned a dog breeding business, and while the different breads did tend to act in their own certain way, every once in a while we would run into a problem dog. Most of the german sheperds we had were extremely laid back, and yet we had one that we had to have put down because of how aggressive it was and how it attacked people for no reason. I am not going to jump to conclusions until I hear more.